“Do yourself a favor - choose a different hotel!”

Super 8 Midlothian/Richmond Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Reviewed 13 April 2009

This one is the worst. I stayed at this hotel for five horrible days. Carpets are dirty and stained, including the carpet in the hallway. The continental breakfast is a joke - when they finally get around to putting something out, it is old and stale. I mentioned the breakfast to the owner and his response was to shrug his shoulders and say "don't eat it." Don't even think about asking for a napkin. Staff is very rude and front desk is unmanned most of the time.
After 3 days of asking for a hair dryer that worked, I went out and bought one. I've stayed at many other Super 8's and all of them were fine. Don't know what happened to this one, but I won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 December 2008

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed at. In my 1st room, the toilet didn't work. When I went to the front desk to state the issue, the hotel associate showed me the closet where the plunger was kept and told me to go plunge the toilet. I did so and went back to tell him it didn't work. He told me to go back and try a couple of more times. I did and it still didn't work. I told him I wanted a new room. When I got back later that day to move my belongings to the new room, I found out that the hotel associates had moved all of my belongings for me. At no time did I state that it was OK for anyone to touch my personal belongings. In this 2nd room, the water in the shower was ice cold when I set the faucet all the way to H. I went to complain about this and the same man from the plunger incident came to my room and showed me that in this room H was for Cold and C was for Hot on the shower faucet knob. How would a normal person know this? He was very short with me and unprofessional during both incidents. The continental breakfast was posted as starting at 6am each day. I left each day at 6:30am and most days the room was still dark and no food out. The front desk was rarely manned even during regular business hours and most of the time the front desk lights were out as well. I have nothing good to say about this motel and will never stay at any Super 8 again because of this horrible experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank FemaleTraveler85
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I am very disappointed in this hotel. The owner is very rude. My husband stays at this hotel for working purposes and refuses to go back. He also refused to give my husband the rewards points as listed on his billboard. My husband needed a receipt for his stay to reimbursed by his employer and the printer wouldn't work so he told my husband that he was out of luck. I called back later to see if I could get a receipt and the owner kept cutting me off - very rude. This person needs to be in a different business.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank theoyes
Reviewed 25 April 2008

Encountered the following problems: reserved room not available; dirty/soiled office chair; dirty carpet; dirty walls; 1 room missing iron; 1 room missing telephone & clock; noise from 2nd floor kept me awake until after 2AM; linen wrinkled, worn, dirty; mold in bathroom and on shower curtain; dimly lit bathroom; filthy AC; dirty hallway carpet; lobby/hallways hot and smelly. This was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BraggDLA
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I know this hotel is a discount hotel. Still, we did not receive what we consider to be normal expectations, especially near the capital city of the state. There was no elevator to the second floor. Room information indicated the continental breakfast was from 6-10. Upon arrival at 9:15, we were informed it was 6-9. When complained about the inaccurate information, we were informed the information in the room was "old". Next day we arrived for breakfast at 8:00, but it was hardly worth the effort.

Stayed: December 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
6.8 km away
6.9 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
7.0 km away
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike

Been to Super 8 Midlothian/Richmond Area? Share your experiences!