“Great service for our large group”
Review of Tim's at Lake Anna

Tim's at Lake Anna
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Mineral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 29, 2016

My family meets up each year for crabs and have moved our location to Tim's after seasons of great service. Though the medium crabs were a bit on the small side this year, the food overall is excellent and our pleasant server handled our large party with ease.

In addition to the crabs ('cause locals know you're not going to fill up on those), I had the scallops dinner with two sides. The portions were generous and the scallops were cooked well. And the hush puppies are awesome!

Tim's has plenty of parking, plus a handicapped- and stroller-accessible ramp that will take you down to a small boardwalk with an ice cream shop and more. There are plenty of tables on the boardwalk in the shade with nice views of the water. The restaurant itself has many tables near the windows to allow for a nice ambiance, plus a porch where you could dine when the weather is nice.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Good views of the waterway. The food was perfect. Shrimp, crab legs, soup, beer. Clean and relatively new.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Finally made it here. Very surprised at how big it is. Food was very delicious. My wife & I both decided to try the clam chowder. Most excellent choice. I had the broiled salmon with coleslaw & potato salad. Salmon was perfect. My wife ordered the fried scallops with baked beans & fries. Beans were fabulous. My wife was excited to see so many scallops on her plate and for only $21.95! Chris B was an outstanding server who knows how to make customers feel welcome.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Another predictable lunch on the water at Tim’s. My wife and I come here occasionally while we’re boating on the lake and as long as your expectations are realistic it can be very satisfying. The food is always above average and the service is almost always below average. Our Thursday lunch this time was no different, with very tasty crab balls as an appetizer followed up by fried shrimp and fried fish platters. The meal itself was very delicious and well prepared. Good sized portions that tasted as fresh as they looked and the accompanying sides of smoky baked beans and coleslaw were excellent.

Unfortunately the overall experience was spoiled by dirty utensils with dried on food - two exchanges (our waitress replaced one set and then a passing by waitress a second) and several misses on everything else from bringing the correct drinks (asked for tea, got water) and condiment requests (asked for tartar, got cocktail).

Each of these minor inconveniences could have only taken an instant to correct yet they didn’t. Our server quickly apologized and then disappeared each time for an extended period only to return a few minutes later after filling her serving tray with drinks for another table or performing some other task while my wife waited for utensils first and then tartar sauce so she could enjoy her meal.

Tim’s is a welcome addition to the Lake Anna scene and we’ll probably go there again because the food is really good and it’s a convenient stop while enjoying the lake but it will be with some guarded reservations… just remind yourself, it’s a lively lake front fun-oriented establishment that serves above average food but doesn’t focus on real customer satisfaction. As long as you don’t go with high expectations of four star dinning you’ll be satisfied.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

We ended up visiting Tim's on a Sunday night because we needed somewhere that could handle the requisite grilled cheese -that is the only thing my older girl will eat- alongside other actual menu items. We ordered crab dip and crab balls as appetizers. We were pleasantly surprised by the crab balls -totally crab meat with no apparent filler fried with a crispy panko-like crust. Our more adventurous girl loved these and scarfed a large percentage of the basket. We were unpleasantly surprised by the crab dip. It was chalk white, cold and served with Ritz crackers. It appeared to have a cream cheese base and while I tried it I was unable to locate any actual crab meat in it. Apparently the grilled cheese was fine and my crab cake sandwich was good. However my sister ordered what the menu said was a "zinfandel" that arrived as a white zinfandel and her steak which was not a good cut as it was a little tough. She did like the Key Lime pie though. The staff was very friendly and it is located right by the water for some beautiful views. If you stick to the seafood menu and steer clear of the dip you will be fine.

Been to Tim's at Lake Anna? Share your experiences!