“A great little slice of America”

Joejoes superheroes and pizza
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Mineral
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2018

If you had to sum up American 'mom and pop' diners in one visit, you'd head to Joejoes, or Joe Joes or Joe-Joes or Joe-Joe's... the signs are as bewildering as a 3am tweet from the president.
This is a friendly, homely, distinctive, individual little eatery in the middle of the sleepy little hamlet of Mineral.
And we loved it! The food and drink is standard fare, but when you get chatting to Joe himself - a chatty mountain of a man - and his ever-so-sweet mother-in-law, you realise that there's far more to a place than the things you munch and the stuff you sip.
Joe-Joe's (I'm going by the sign outside now) is nothing special to look at; pale blue outer walls, topped by a red roof.
But it's as friendly as friendly can be, welcoming to strangers... especially those with a few spare minutes to chat.
Nothing rushes in Joe-Joe's. It moves along at a country pace, serving subs, shakes (challenge Joe and he'll conjure up any flavour, based on the wide selection of ice creams in his freezer cabinet, mixed in an intriguing top-down blender that defies gravity), melts, burgers, pizzas; all the standard fast food fare.
I had a 'moose tracks' milkshake, which sounded bizarre but was very tasty, with vanilla and peanut butter cups swizzed up.
It's an incredibly popular spot with kids from the local school, and junior football kits decorate the walls.
If you're in a hurry, or you like the slick anonymity of McD's or Hardees, drive on - this is not the place for you.
But if you admire characters, you believe in supporting local businesses that offer a homespun welcome to those who aren't in a tearing rush, pop by Joe-Joe's and make sure you spend long enough to have a good old chin-wag with the loquacious proprietor. He's a hoot.
It's also one of the cheapest places to eat in the States. A cup of tea for her and a large milkshake for me? "That'll be five dollars, please."

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We ate the one in downtown Louisa, right on Main St. Prices were reasonable and food was very good, but service was super slow! It took at least 45 minutes to get 2 burgers and 3 subs and we were the only ones in the restaurant.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I first of all have never been here and wasn’t familiar with seat yourself so we asked. The waitress must have been in a bad mood because she was like “sit anywhere and someone will be with you!” Then she came over to take our drink order and asked if we were ready to order food as well. I hadn’t even gotten a chance to look at the menu so that is what I said and she rolled her eyes at me. I asked my boyfriend if he noticed that. He just asked me to let it go. We had been moving all day and we were both tired and hungry. She came back to take out orders. I ordered a burger minus the bun. Wouldn’t you think that meant no bread either? She set My plate down with my burger on Texas toast. Well I said I asked for no bun and she said well I told them. Just take it off the bread. Well I have celiac disease and taking it off the bread Still has contaminated the burger which by the way was way over cooked. I will not be returning to this restaurant in the future. I think the food wasn’t the best and the service was lousy.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I love eating here and I frequent it often with family and friends. Joe has the best subs, in fact I have not tried anything I didn't like. Haley is my favorite waitress and I am happy to hear there is another location open in Louisa.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We've been getting pizzas and ice cream here since the mid-90's and now with new ownership, we decided to eat lunch here on the way back home from the Louisa Hardware store.

My wife had the Italian sub and liked it. I had the American Hoagie and it was also quite good.

Our server was very nice, and very prompt.

Parking is usually good here, but will fill up at traditional meal times.

Do yourself a favor and stop in here when you are in the neighborhood.

Been to Joejoes superheroes and pizza? Share your experiences!