• Pool
Riad Safi(Safi)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived in august, the 15 2013, Great staff and helpful. We get soon a great room with airco. It was hot in Safi at that time, but the room in the Hotel was great.

The service was super and we payed just for 306 dh. I think the beste Hotel in Safi and perfect located to the bus station. To travel to Marrakech, it is better to take a Taxi with other, it is only 60 dh. You can also take the train from Safi to Marrakech, but you must change in Ben Guerrir and you must wait 02h.15 min for the train coming from Casablanca to Marrakech, means it takes more than 4 hours. With the Taxi to Marrakech is only 2 hours.

Room Tip: in the summer take a room with airco.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We checked in here as it was late at night and this place was close to the bus station and had vacant rooms. The front desk was helpful and the rooms were clean with simple nice decor, but the building had no water so we left after a night. Might be a good stay under other conditions though.....

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank JesetJou
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I wanted a single room. They told me yes single room but I see 2 beds -double & single. They asked for 400Dh, but hotel price said 306Dh, they told me due to the ensuite. Both price and being ensuite to pay more was a lie. They told me then they had no other free rooms - this was also a lie.
I had no towel, clean glass, minibar empty and not working, and no lamp in the bedlamp. When I told, they wanted me to get myself from another room the items - and gave me key to a room - upon entering was a single room with ensuite!! So much for single rooms are not with shower and toilet and no other rooms were free!
window view was terrible.
It was so quiet - did not seem full at all.
Staff do not speak English but one elderly gentleman in a scottish accent.
no English channels - a handful of Arabic channels and 2 French one had to find spread across the 100 chanell old old TV box! AC was not working.
Shower pressure was so low.
Basin tap, on full blast, had water barely dripping out.
Insects in the carpet between the bed.
I was bitten by a bedbug the next day on may Left Arm!
Walls are thin.
The key to open the door and the lock contraption is so strange and weird - need 2 hands and 1 minute to open/close the door.
The cafe staff are so "smiling" not, and look like we are troubling them. service was awful - they cant speak English or French or understand Arabic but "Moroccan Arabic" (really not Arabic but another language in its entirity"
Location was good - 2 nice restaurants and a shop to buy stuff from an honest chap across the street.
For 400Dh ( £36) It was a total rip off for a "single room". Does not deserve 3 stars at all but 1 star!!
I left after 1 night!
oh, one last thing, they break international law to charge foreigners one price and nationals another price - this is illegal.
But then this is Morocco - better go to Tunisia - people are alot nice, with proper modern service from airport to medina shops.

Room Tip: Tip is to find another hotel or an apartment.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DrT_MD
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was one of the hotels in Rough Guide and I stayed here mainly because it's so well signposted and easy to find. As it was January I asked for heating also balcony and was not charged extra, the underground parking was free. Rooms are fine, decent restaurant. Wifi with additional repeaters throughout hotel, also wifi in most of the nearby cafes and patisseries.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TimCullis
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My "Rough Guide" (2007 edition) described this hotel as "the best mid-range hotel" in Safi. That may be the case. If so, it doesn't say a lot for the quality of mid-range hotels in the city.
I was expecting something rather better, but this is the trouble with so many independent hotels in Morocco. They just don't meet international standards. You can imagine this was once regarded as a plush hotel, but from the look of the guestrooms, you would have to guess that was back in about 1974. The rooms just look and feel so incredibly dated with tired decor and poor lighting. There was also no heat in the room and in January, it's quite chilly at night in Safi. And when there's been no heat in a room for weeks on end, that coldness seems to seep into the bedding which doesn't make for a particularly comfortable and cosy night's sleep. The room was also noisy because there are no carpets anywhere to help soften sounds. On the positive side, I thought the reception staff were quite friendly and the hotel is conveniently-located close to a couple of reasonably decent cafes and some shops. But really, it's not a hotel where you would enjoy lingering in your room. It was just about okay for an overnight stay but if I happened to return to Safi, I wouldn't exactly rush back to the Hotel Assif.

Room Tip: Ask for one as far away from others guests as possible so that you're not disturbed if the next room's television.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo