See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2015

Curious why visitors had to pay 100 baht to enter the resort, we paid the 200 baht and came unto a huge resort, the size of a park. A bit run down, it nevertheless was charming enough to try it for a few nights. The entry fee was deducted from the price of the room.

We liked it so much that we negotiated a very good price, and stayed another 20 nights. The staff is very helpful and polite

The service is excellent, the room was cleaned every day, bathrobes, fresh drinking water, shampoo, soap etc. all included. Would recommend!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank René M
Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days. Very enjoyable, great breakfast, fantastic private beach. Very private area, great for walks. Good restaurant and lovely staff.

We were lucky to stay in one of the boats on our own. Quite relaxing and different. Atmosphere was terrific.

Its a shame the place is a bit run down, would have been interesting to see it in its hey day. We would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2014

recently visited the Aunchaleena and found the place to be amazing, the beach is beautiful with fantastic views, the beach bar serves a good selection of drinks and foods the Main part of the Old hotel is a former cruise ship similar to those seen on the River Nile, but this is in need of a major renovation, but the current accommodation is smaller boats, beautifully done out with tp luxury and are well spaced out in a delightful setting,

Any one staying here will not be disappointed although with it being at the end of the island it is a little remote, and for this i would strongly recommend the use of a motorbike, nearest descent bar is about 10 mins away,

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2014

We didnt stay here, we just visited.
It's far removed from everything but if you have a motorbike and are around bang bao, quite worth the visit!

It's a ghost resort as we visited in low season. Several big elephant sculptures in the entrance. The two main atractions are the shipwrecks in a ?artificial? Lagoon mixed up with the some other ships that are actualy where the rooms are. And the ghost ship with several floors: abandoned and rusty.
I was totally amazed and i wanted to stay for the experience! My girlfriend was afraid, so we left.
Oh, the staff were not friendly at all.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuisRamos0
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Awful stay, would not recommend. The staff were rude, unfriendly and very unhelpful. The food was very un-Thai and incredibly average. The hotel is ageing badly, my room was noisy, the shower only worked on cold and there was an old half drunken coke can in the fridge. I checked out after one night as could not bare to stay another, I said this at reception and wasn't even asked why. Then the concierge then tried to rip me off in a taxi to leave by trying to charge double what I had paid to come all the way from the airport.
Unfortunately I booked through agoda.com for four nights so I was unable to get a refund because I had not officially complained to the hotel.
The beach is beautiful and very isolated but the hotel and staff are terrible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo