Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$25
SAVE US$7
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$28
FindHotelUS$32
eDreamsUS$25
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommand the place. It is well situated in the heart of Granada, right next to the San Francisco Convent, just one street away from Parque Central.
Gaby made myself feel like home. She is helpful at any time. The room and amenities are quiet, clean and air conditioned. The hotel is cosy. You get the choice of breakfast (granola or typical, and a big bowl of fruit). I left the hotel on the day of my birthday and she brought me nacatamales to try as a breakfast. A very nice gesture. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay and discover Granada. Thank you so much for everyting !

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2018

My daughter and I spent a few days with Gaby and Toby last December. Run by a family, we found our hosts knowledgeable and willing to offer information on the area as well as assist in booking tours. We had purchased a painting in Granada and after carting it around for a week, we lost it. Gaby not only helped us locate where we bought it from, she brokered the production of a replacement and sent it off to us in Canada. That is personalized service!!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved staying here. So much so, we extended our stay by 2 extra nights. Gabby greeted us on arrival and was so helpful during our time there. Toby took us on a tour which included the Masaya market, viewpoint of Laguna Apoyo and the night visit at Masaya Volcano. All for $30 which was great value.
We were lucky and had the room which is detached and faces the garden. We would often sit outside in the mornings and evenings. The room has a fan which is very effective. There is supposed to be hot water in the shower but this worked intermittently, although the weather was so hot it wasn’t a problem. Breakfast was plentiful and included rice and beans, eggs, toast, potatoes and a yummy salsa. It’s a really quiet hotel and located near to town. I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Il Padrino is a lovely place to stay in Granada and the price includes a hot, homemade breakfast. The owners, Toby and Gaby, both of whom speak English, are extremely friendly and helpful who will help arrange tours. It is a small hotel and all the rooms open onto a lush enclosed garden. Each room displays one of Toby’s gorgeous abstract paintings. The only downside is that there is no pool. The location is convenient and close to the central plaza and the pedestrian mall where people congregate to enjoy good food and drinks, shopping, entertainment and conversation.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We were welcomed by Gaby, who is very outgoing and speaks fluent English and the two dogs, who are very friendly. Toby was there, but during our stay he only said ‘hi’ and that was all the interaction with him.

The hotel has its pros and cons:

PROS:
-Gaby is a wonderful host
-Rooms are big
-Free breakfast
-Close to the center of the city, easy to walk everywhere
-Beautiful old building

CONS:
- it gets hot in the rooms, there is no air flow, besides the fan
- not much privacy. The doors to the rooms are all big glass doors and unless you close the blinds, everyone can see you when they walk by. Of course it gets dark in the room when the blinds are closed.
-wifi was spotty
-breakfast was just okay. It’s interesting that they serve you eggs, but never ask how you want them prepared, they just serve it ‘sunny side up’. I hate runny egg yolks, so the second day I asked if I could have them scrambled (assuming we were getting eggs again) and that was no problem. I just thought it was kind of strange that they didn’t give you an option prior to preparing breakfast or at least let the guests know what’s on the breakfast menu (eggs, toast, fruit cup and gallo pinto)

If we were to go the Granada again, I don’t think we’d stay at Il Padrino again. There are plenty of other options within the same price range.

Date of stay: February 2018