All reviews school trip great hotel good size bread town square nothing is too much trouble continental breakfast star hotel close to the main square rooms are large lots of choice pushed together comfortable stay night's sleep easy reach packed lunch battlefield tour
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We traveled with friends and stayed here because our normal stay in Ypres was impossible because all the accommodation was taken because of the 100 year commemoration of the Battle of Ypres.This is a great little hotel,my partner and myself had a massive double room.It was a pity that the town square was completely dug up,and was like walking across a bomb site,but obviously that was not the fault of the hotel and it will look great when it is finished.Parking was no problem,on the whole a great little hotel with a great friendly welcome.

Room tip: Apparently rooms on the front are noisier but they even supply ear plugs.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I stay at this hotel if I have a morning crossing over the Channel and it is about a 45 minute drive to Calais. the hotel it quite plain and simple but the rooms are of a good size and quite modern, breakfast is plentiful and tasty. For restaurants I always walk the 100 meters or so to the center where there is plenty to choose from. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Pax (means Peace I believe) for 3 nights this week while on a work trip checking out the region for tourism purposes. One of highlights was Pauline & Steven the Managers and their two gorgeous children.
Diksmuide is perfect for those in the region with a Battlefield interest, just passing through or a specific stay in Diksmuide.
The rooms are large, have comfortable bedding and quite large bathrooms for a European hotel. A full range of toiletries supplied. The FOC wifi was also very handy and my included breakfast was brilliant. I had to do some washing and Pauline handled this with no issues. I had also unfortunately left an item at my previous hotel who Pauline called and arranged to be posted to my following hotel. The owners are clearly spending money with constant upgrading across the property which is brilliant. Simply, nothing was too much trouble - true hospitality. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Stayed at Hotel Pax as it was closer to where we needed to be visiting Langmark, Vladso, Ypres plus we'd been before. Easy to find, plenty of parking and a lovely welcome. Superb breakfast, friendly staff. Rooms were fine, but watch out for traffic noise to the front of the hotel, but the rooms are well stocked with tea, coffee so why I hear you ask have I not given the Hotel a five rating? After a long hot day guiding and driving on Sunday I was looking forward to sitting out on the sun terrace with a beer and a coffee. I forgot the hotel bar does not open on a Sunday; so up the road to the town square. They missed out on a few (quite a few) euros! But otherwise very happy.

Room tip: If you don't mind traffic noise and want a good view of the Izer tour the front is great otherwise try to get a side room
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Comfortable 3 star hotel with main square and eateries in 5 minutes walk, pretty little town with a nice historical city walk. Room was very comfortable, breakfast was excellent, wifi worked very well for no extra charge.

Date of stay: August 2017