“Beautiful French restaurant”

Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Domme
Price range: US$29 - US$70
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated at the summit of the medieval town of Domme, on the Esplanade, which dominates the Dordogne valley. From the restaurant, which is shaded in harmonious yellow and blue to the rooms with antique furniture, you can experience and enjoy the Dordogne thanks to cuisine based on the flavours of the south-west intensified by inventive notes.
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Amazing view (and if you're lucky, some low flying hot air balloons). Food is beyond delicious - small touches and little extras that make each course unique. Friendly hosts and staff who made our supper exceptional.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant perched on top of a cliff. The food was artfully prepared but lacked the refined flavors I was expecting. Had foie gras but the sweet counterpoint to the savory and delicious foie was bland and disappointing. Fish was cooked perfectly but under seasoned and steak with Bordelaise sauce was satisfying. Dessert was ordinary. Expensive.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I've been fortunate enough to dine at L'Esplanade twice in the last five years, and both times my family and I have been treated to the most sumptuous of meals.

With a wine selection to die for, a cheese trolley that, quite frankly, rendered me speechless (in the best possible way!) and staff that really knew their stuff, this is the place a foodie's dreams are made of!

Personal favourites are the Grand Marnier souffle, the lavender-fed lamb, the special little chestnut flavoured cheese (the name escapes me) and...well, I could list every dish the four of us ate on both occasions.

I very much look forward to returning again, hopefully before another five years have passed, because this has got to be my favourite restaurant in all of France.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We booked this restaurant for our final night in the Beautiful Dordogne region which we love so much. After getting lost several times, we finally made it to the restaurant and we were rewarded, we were shown to our table and the view is absolutely hypnotic !There are about 7 tables on the terrace and it is worth booking early so that you get one of these tables.The inside tables are in a huge dining room which is very nicely decorated. We ordered sweatbreads, foie gras doshi, and grand marnier. The main course dishes were excellent and we ordered a local wine which was very good indeed. For the Grand Marnier souffle, a side dish of oranges marinated in grand marnier was served to enhance the orange flavour. The service is superb, it is obvious that they love what they do, when you recieve your dish a brief explanation is given about your dish and your wine and water glasses are constantly filled. The staff are so attentive and partake in polite conversation and jokes, thank you Chiara, Clara and L`esplanade for a most unforgetable evening.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

It was a wet Friday, the wonderful view of the Dordogne Valley from the next door Belvedere was shrouded in cloud, so we popped into the restaurant to see if they had a table. As 4 of us were happy with the Rapide Lunch menu and 2 wanted a la carte, we were quickly settled in the casual indoor terrace area. The Rapide Lunch at less than 30 Euros per person was excellent, a strawberry gazpacho for starter, Magret of duck for main and an nut ice-cream dessert with walnut liquer to finish. The A la carte Steaks and Quail were also excellent. Service was languid, but that suited our mood. The staff speak English but were happy to indulge me with my poor French. For the price, this restaurant is much better than the other Tourist traps in the town. If you want to indulge, I would go for the approximately 55 Euro Lunch Menu and sit in the fine dining room.