“Good food and one of the best views in the Europe”
Review of L'Esplanade

L'Esplanade
Reserve with
L'Esplanade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Domme
Price range: US$29 - US$71
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated at the summit of the medieval town of Domme, on the Esplanade, which dominates the Dordogne valley. From the restaurant, which is shaded in harmonious yellow and blue to the rooms with antique furniture, you can experience and enjoy the Dordogne thanks to cuisine based on the flavours of the south-west intensified by inventive notes.
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Although we had to book 4 days ahead in order to reserve a table overlooking the Dordogne Valley, it was worth the wait. The views at sunset are spectacular and probably one of the best in Europe. The food was of the good quality, the fillets take was spectacular. It wasn't cheap but considering the location was good value. Service a little slow and some things were forgotten.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place .from start to finish .
I booked by email .they staff could not be more helpful .
When we arrived 11 of us (Inc 9yr old ) for dinner .it was the most amazing views .fantastic service and the best food I have tasted in a long time .
I can recommend this resturant 100% ..
Thank you for making my husband's 50th birthday very special .

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I was staying with a friend in Domme and wanted to take her out for a lovely dinner on my last night. She chose this place and booked a table on the terrace so we were able to enjoy bright sunshine and watch the sunset. The food was very good and I would particularly recommend the Grand Marnier soufflé with orange granita if it's on the menu when you visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We sat on the terrace overlooking the view over the fields down below, shaded by trees. They have pecking order and you have to sit in a certain area if you are eating off the daily menu. Absolutely you arent allowed to just sit anywhere. We had strawberry and red pepper gazpacho, duck and then the best nut ice cream ever - almost nougat. Excellent quality. The childrens fish and chips was crispy seabass. The daily menu is limited - so on ours it was duck, omelette or trout gravalax.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Celebrated 9 years of marriage with the misses here. What a splendid idea that was! The food is truly exquisite and yes, a tiny bit more pricey, but we would have paid double in our home town in Belgium.

Went for a main dish and dessert. I took the quail prepared with cognac, and my wife opted for the sweetbread. She topped it off with the giant macaron with ginger and raspberry, I took a shot at the truffle ice. What a treat!

On top we were blessed with a wonderful sunset on the Dordogne valley, friendly staff and hot air balloons flying very low providing the extra excitement.

When you book here, make sure you are seated on the terrace, dress sharp, and celebrate.