All reviews dordogne valley the river charming town wonderful food the cliff top floor no lift hot air balloons beautiful hotel your eyes foie gras small window excellent restaurant rooms are small restaurant terrace third floor panoramic view
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Had a room with view of the river valley. Parking not always simple due to a lot of daily visitors. Service and restaurant were great! Special treat for me were the exceptional Single Malts :-) Walking around the town was easy with the hotel as starting point.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2017

What an amazing find, a fantastic meal , service, menu, outlook all superb,, will definitely visit again. The staff were very knowledgable- explaining the menu, helping me with my poor understanding of French and were fun as well. Can't fault the place.
Next time will book a room as well!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank susansI9973YO
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We had the most beautiful view from our room in this lovely hotel! The Dordogne River and valley were breathtaking!
One night we at an amazing dinner on their terrace and we're blown away by their excellent cuisine! We will be back!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Marcy W
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed here as we were travelling around the region for a wedding and love Domme so we thought this hotel looked ideal .

On arrival it's situated in a perfect location over looking the river from a perfect height . We were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our room.

Being pregnant I was on the third floor which was a slight challenge! We had very heavy cases and I was disappointed that there was no lift .

I had previously emailed to asked for a room facing views and on arrival into the room we were faced with a very small window which had the shutters down. There was a view but the window was quite high up so it was hard to see clearly . The room was quite small and dated , I noticed a lot of cobwebs and dust behind the bed, dirty carpets in the corners of the room and spiders which look as if they had been living in the room for months !

The bathroom was the lovely it was new and very clean and attractive with a nice big shower and bath. There was no fault at all to look at it apart from when getting into the shower there was a massive screeching noise which I thought was a fire alarm it was so loud !

Overall I felt the hotel was dated and needed a good clean and better lighting . I feel the price for the room was actually too expensive and the extra 9euro for a view room was not worth it . I would have been happy to spend 75- 85 euro a night there and nothing more .
The only thing that saves this hotel is the location otherwise I would have rated it poor.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a delight with views over looking he Dordogne valley . If you could tear your eyes away from the view to look at the menu this was almost equally enticing. This home run restaurant caters for all , with families with young children and dogs all welcomed . But still gives an air of sophistication , excellent and attentive service and good food .
Try the soufflé it was delicious .

Date of stay: July 2017