“Great for business and visiting the area”

Courtyard Newport News Airport
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for business and visiting the area”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I came here on a four day trip. The hotel is in a central location with good restaurants and shopping nearby. There is a small bar and restaurant. Breakfast is free. They have all the essential services you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Chirelle_Moseley, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. I am thrilled to hear that we met all of your business needs during your stay. On behalf of the staff at the Newport News Airport Courtyard, we look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was at this hotel with a family and friends for a visit to Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach we stayed here for 3 nights and let me tell you it was nice every person in our group loved it, the staff was helpful and hotel was extremely clean and a tastefully decorated with a good mordern touches. I usually stay at courtyard while traveling and been to numerous courtyards but specially this one exceeds my expectations.

Room Tip: A room on top floor is good
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello ChasmeBadur;

As the new General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott in Newport News, VA it is my responsibility to respond to each guest comment. Unfortunately, prior General Managers failed in this task to respond to you. Please accept our apologies for not responding to you in a timely manner.

But, I do wish to thank you for taking the time in writing a response about my hotel. From your comments, it seems as if you had a very enjoyable stay. That's important to me. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Newport News area, you will be our guest again.

Take care and be safe in your travels.

Newport News
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Room, Lobby Facilities, Pool & Outside areas were attractive and kept immaculately cleaned throughout.
Staff from kitchen, bar, desk & housekeeping were professional, helpful and cheerful throughout a time period in which their own homes and families were distressed over storm, power failures, and damages.
No noise while in room, extremely quite air conditioning, if you did not look out the windows you would never know the hurricane was whirling around
Rates were unbelievably reasonable
I can not say enough good things about my families stay

Room Tip: 2 queen beds, small fridge, free wifi, excellent cable tv package, attractive decor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Chirelle_Moseley, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear that met your expectations despite the hurricane that we were experiencing. It is always our goal to provide exceptional service and I glad to see that we accomplished this. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My fiancee & I arrived at the hotel late after a long drive through pouring rain & when we arrived, we had to be buzzed in because of the late hour. We pressed the door buzzer & called the hotel simultaneously for over 10 mins. before an employee finally arrived to let us in! She didn't offer an explanation & when she saw how annoyed we were, she offered a very brief apology. Other than that, check-in was quick & we were directed to our room for the night. We had a room on the 5th floor with a quick walk from the elevator. The room furnishings were quite nice & modern, the colors resemble the colors on the exterior of the hotel. The only complaint with the room was a musty odor upon entering the room each time, but after being in there, we didn't notice it any longer. The bed was very comfortable, shower was huge with an area to sit if you prefer, nice lobby & there's plenty of free parking. The room also had a flat screen tv & a small refrigerator, but no safe. Both elevators were very creaky as they moved & we noticed that one hadn't been inspected since Aug 2010, so that's something that may need to be followed up on. But, overall, we were pleased with the hotel & would not hesitate staying here again (if we can be let in when we arrive)!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniece you experienced upon arrival. The front doors are typically locked at 11pm for your safety. However, you should not have to wait ten minutes for assistance. In regards to the elevators, I assure you that they are in compliance with current code regulations and are regularly inspected as required. All these issues have been addressed with the appropriate departments to ensure we do our best to prevent this from happening again. Overall, I am pleased to see that your experience was a pleasant one. If you are in the area again, I hope that you choose to stay at the Newport News Airport Coutyard.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 12 August 2011

No kidding, this hotel is great. The rooms are very clean and very well appointed. The bathroom had an all glass very large walk in shower. The bed was comfortable. Great lobby with breakfast, coffee bar, and a little cafe area. And the price was great. We stayed at a Hilton the night before that cost three times the price but wasn't nearly as nice as this Courtyard. If you're in Newport News, you should stay here. Very close to the airport.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Treyzo
Dear Treyzo,

Take care and be safe in your travels,

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Going to Williamsburg? My advice is to drive 12 miles past Busch Gardens to Newport News and stay at the Courtyard. It's surrounded by good restaurants and shopping, and there's nothing touristy about it. The cost of the room is substantially lower than those around the tourist sites. The Courtyard itself is nice and friendly with good-sized rooms. The workout room is excellent - and I stay in a lot of hotels. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The pool is clean (enough) but probably needs resurfacing - the bottom is looking a bit tired. The breakfast isn't special, but there is a Cracker Barrel almost next door and a Panera/Starbucks down the street. We always stay here for our annual trip to Williamsburg - very pleasant!

1 Thank Military_Traveler11
Dear Military_Traveler11

But, I do wish to thank you for taking the time in writing a response about my hotel. From your comments, you visited Williamsburg and had a very enjoyable stay. That's important to me. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Newport News area, you will be our guest again.

Take care, be safe in your travels and thank you for serving your country!

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Everything about this property is top notch. The staff couldn't be better.
They are helpful with anything you could ask for.
If you are coming to Newport News, VA at anytime for business or pleasure this is the hotel you want.
I travel and stay in hotels every night during the week for business and I wish every hotel i walked into was like this one.
You will not be disapointed. And if for some reason you are, it is your own fault.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business