“EXCELLENT”

Point Plaza Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Could not have asked for a better stay, Clean rooms, Helpful staff. Will Highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Points Plaza Suites in Newport News. The staff was friendly and the suites were large with plenty of room.

The rooms had full size beds, there were plenty of room for queen size which would have been nicer but the beds were ok. The fold out sofa was awful!!! My teenage son had a sore back for a couple of days after one night on it. We called the front desk for a roll away bed and they brought one down for $10 a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DC_Family_Vacation
Reviewed 22 June 2011

this place is not what they say! the staff there are rude and will not help you with anything. they dont clean the rooms everyday. i just had a wedding there and the food was not what we had at our tasting. the staff then decided to through my stuff away. the bar was not stocked. i will never have anything to do with this hotel again!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank luvncamden12903
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in April with our baby. We stayed in one of the suites located in the back building not connected to the rest of the hotel. I was very disappointed with the room and service. Our room was only cleaned twice during our stay and neither was a good clean. To be fair, one of the days they didn't clean was Easter, and they had signs out stating housekeeping would not service any rooms that day. However, the other days I can only guess they didn't clean because we had left our room too late in the morning (10 am) and they never came back.
Towels were not replaced and the trash can we were using to put our sons soiled diapers in was not emptied. The room felt seedy - the sofa was old and worn as were the carpets. The bathroom was gross - tile grout was filthy and the shower needed a good scrubbing. The pool is nice, but that's about the only good thing I can say after this trip. We have stayed here several other times over the past seven years (though never in this building) and had always been happy. After this trip we won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amanda6500
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The pics lead you to believe this hotel is very nice. The lobby areas have been updated, but not the rooms. They are showing definite wear and need updating. I travel quite a bit and this was definitely in the class of a two star hotel. In my opinion, the only reason it was given a three star is because of the onsite restaurant. I will say my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. As for the breakfast, it was ok. They did have a good selection but things were cold and the one lady working definitely couldn't keep everything going to the 50 people or so coming and going. I would like to go back to the area, but will definitely find another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Baseball2014
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I will start off saying that according to the previous reviews I was leery about tbooking the hotel. However, I must say I was quite surprised. It is in a great location, right off of I64. We arrived early and our room was available so the lady at the reception desk allowed us to check in alittle early. She was SUPER nice!!! The room had some updated furniture and the bathroom had updated fixtures as well as the shower fixtures ect. The bed was comfortable and the AC/Heat worked fabulous. The only thing I would say that was "not perfect" was the bathroom floor. It was clean, but it is dated and old so the grout appears dirty. I guess since everything in the bathroom was updated it just made the floor not appear as nice. They also have free Wi Fi in your room so I had my laptop and they gave me a code and I was connected in no time. That was very convenient. Now for the breakfast, this is not to be missed! The ladies work so hard to make sure everyone leaves full and has everything you need to get going in the morning. They set it up in a restaurant they have at the hotel. It is such a beautiful display I thought we were in the wrong place for the "continental breakfast."
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and will stay again next time I am in the area. It was a nice stay with customer service that exceeded my expectations from ALL of the staff!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LovetotravelRN
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My wife and 11 year old son stayed at Point Plaza Suites from 8/14-8/21. We chose this hotel from the internet. It turned out to be a very good choice. When we arrived the hotel was packed with a wedding and family reunion but still the hotel was great! Our room was clean, the beds were fine. The sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable which is really the only negative about the room. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The complimentry breakfast was pretty good also and very convenient. The location is great. Not far from any of the major attractions. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family