All reviews front desk grocery store gas station room was clean complimentary breakfast pool and hot tub fresh fruit great hotel off the highway movie theater would stay here again staff was very friendly enjoyed our stay walking distance oatmeal the breakfast area easy access
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Excellent location right off of 64, next to a shopping area. Staff friendly and rooms very clean. The kitchen takes great pride in the complimentary breakfast with fresh fruit and southern fare. We stay here regularly, great value.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

From the moment I walked in the staff was very hospitable and genuine. Helen in the kitchen treated every guest as family. The food was the best I've had from hotels. I encourage anyone to stay at this location when in the Newport News Virginia area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
lorna b, General Manager at Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Hello,

We want to thank you for staying at our hotel and also thank you for such a heart warming comments about Ms. Helen. We will be sure to share this comment to Ms. Helen.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in. The evening front desk gentleman is one of the best employees around. So courteous and fun! The hotel is clean and the breakfast is always great. My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for different trips to the area and have loved each and every time we do.

Room Tip: Wonderful Thai restaurant next door!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The front staff at this location is great. They were accommodating and helpful. The location was perfect and easy to access but not noisy. Was clean and loved it. Will stay here again if I am to return to the area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2018

I've stayed in a lot of hotels both home and abroad and this stay ranks at the top of all of them. It was a business trip and I had broken my foot the week before. I arrived a little early for check-in but Daniel at the front desk called housekeeping to inspect the room to see if it was ready. It was and I was able to go to my room. Upon arrival, the room was spotless, well-appointed, and odor-free. All the furniture looked brand new and the bed and linens were clean and fresh. The bathroom was spotless and everything worked. The room had a small refrigerator, microwave, and tv. There were plenty of outlets all over the room as well as a charging station for USB. Because of my broken foot, I was unable to rent a car for this trip. On my last day there I had a few spare hours so I thought I'd catch a movie at the theater that was about 10 minutes walking distance - 10 minutes if your foot isn't in an aircast and you are using a cane. Jake at the front desk suggested that I take their shuttle. He proceeded to call the shuttle and arranged for them to pick me up from the hotel and afterwards at the theater when the movie was done. I could tell by his conversation that the shuttle driver didn't understand why I needed a shuttle with the theater being so close but Jake just stated that I couldn't walk over. No problem - the shuttle arrived and I got to see my movie. Afterwards on the way back I asked the shuttle driver, Phaisant, if he wouldn't mind dropping me off at the Burger King that was also in close proximity to the hotel and I could walk back. He said he'd see if the shuttle could go through the drive-thru and if not, he'd drop me off and wait for me and drive me back. The shuttle fit the drive-thru and I was in business and Phaisant took me back to the hotel. I consider this above and beyond and it is the same attitude that I encountered from everyone who works at this Hampton Inn. If I ever get the chance to be in this area again, there is no doubt where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business