“Inexpensive ... pet friendly ... adequate.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue

Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
NJ
“Inexpensive ... pet friendly ... adequate.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

Spent two nights here with my family and our dog. We had two rooms. The hotel is inexpensive, somewhat run down, but in a good location for what we were there for. And best of all, they do accept pets. We have stayed here before, but that was years ago, and the place is showing its age. The bed in our room was horrible. The hot water system broke the first night, but they got it repaired the next day. I'd not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Omaha, NE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

On my last visit to the Hampton Roads area I stayed at the Studio Plus for a week. The accomodations were basic and the kitchenettes were simple. The beds were amazingly uncomfortable and the sheets constantly come untucked since they use only ill-fitting flat sheets and not fitted. The comforter is straight out of the 70's and very scratchy. I suggest bringing your own topper/sleeping bag because I really couldn't tell if the sheets had been changed or not before me. I ended up sleeping on top of the sheets and comforter in my pajamas for the duration of my stay. The room will only be serviced once per week so be prepared to ask for extra toiletries from the front desk if you don't bring your own (TP, paper towels, dishwashing soap, towels, etc.).

Try and get a room on the 'office' side of the building. My room was located on the side next to the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant and it can get pretty noisy later at night, especially on karaoke or live-band nights, and during the weekends. On the other hand, the location is perfect for anyone visiting Newport News as it is only minutes from the airport, shopping mall, and restaurants. I would suggest booking directly with the hotel to get a more 'reasonable' rate than those offered online.

The internet is extremely slow since everyone shares the same wireless connection and even sites like Yahoo would take minutes, rather than seconds, to load.

On a positive note: The office staff was extremely helpful during my stay. Well...I almost forgot this, the cleaning staff was quite boisterous and I would hear conversations/arguments down the hallways that I really wouldn't want any children to overhear but that's the risk you take when staying at a cheaper extended-stay hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Nags Head, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

Got this on Priceline for a great price and was not very excited out it. When I got there, boy was I wrong. The staff is the best. The front desk person, Karen, made the trip a short weekend to remember. The hotel has full kitchens in all unites. Only one bed, but my little girls did not mind kicking Daddy out of bed to sleep in the Lazy Boy chair.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank obxrecre8n
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

This is a nice 3 story all interior corridor extended stay with an elevator; being an extended stay hotel, they don’t offer some of the amenities you find at traditional properties such as daily maid service and free breakfast. Smooth fast check-in. Very large room with a double bed, easy chair, couch and a desk. Full kitchen with a full size refrigerator/freezer, stove and dishwasher complete with dishes and cookware. A bar with 2 stools in the kitchen and a window opening into the bedroom area so you can sit at the bar and watch TV. Room was very clean, comfortable mattress and pillows. No hair dryer or shampoo, which is typical of many extended stays. Nice pool area and a gas grill is available for guests to use. The property is surrounded by trees and is nicely landscaped. On site laundry and exercise room. Restaurants and shopping close by. Overall, a very good stay and through Priceline I had a super rate (50% of their regular internet rate). I’m looking forward to staying here again.

• Liked — Great Rate
  • Disliked — No Covered Entrance To Protect Guests While Loading/Unloading In The Rain
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rocknrun
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2007

Very nice hotel. It is extended stay and ALL of the rooms have a full kitchen and even have a dish washer and a full oven! Its perfect for family's visiting the area, business people on long term trips and relocating. The hotel has the most wonderful staff that I have ever encountered!!! Also, they have a laundromat, fitness center, grilling patio and an outdoor swimming pool. I definitely recommend this hotel! Surprisingly, its not expensive!!

• Liked — The full kitchen and amenites
  • Disliked — Wish it had an indoor pool
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TravelWizard729
Travellers also viewed these Newport News hotels
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport News
Courtyard Newport News Airport
Courtyard Newport News Airport
#5 of 40 in Newport News

Been to Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue

Property: Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue
Address: 12359 Hornsby Ln, Newport News, VA 23602-6958
Region: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Extended Stay so you can book your Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.