All reviews burger theory comfortable bed location is great great place to stay stayed here front desk keurig college amenities
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Stayed here while Hurricane Michael was coming through. I slept well on their comfy king sized bed although my wife could here the howling wind. The manager made an on the spot decision when I was asking about the military rate which I am grateful for. Rooms were very nice, staff was helpful, and the restaurant was excellent (see my review).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brooke S, E-Commerce at Holiday Inn Newport News - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

David the manager makes my stay go to a five star⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.Always great me by name, even if I haven’t been there six weeks. Truly a home away from home, thank you ‘David! The rooms are always clean and amenities it exactly as you need them. One last time, thank you David you make me feel welcome.

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will share your feedback with David- he will be thrilled! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after having to find another location, quickly, due to a snafu with the original hotel that we booked. We were quickly greeted by staff, assigned our room, and able to get settled for the night. The hotel is aesthetically luxurious and the rooms are cozy and clean. Would welcome staying here again the next time I’m in town.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Happy Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am glad to hear that we will be your top
choice when you visit Newport News. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I would give this hotel a five star for everything except the sound insulation. The hotel is right near a major highway, and has a nice tree covering to hide the highway from sight, but the road noise is so loud, it sounds like the window is wide open, and it goes all night. (Incidentally, I requested, and was told this room was located, away from the highway) Otherwise, the hotel is newly remodeled, very clean and comfortable and convenient. The staff is very nice and helpful. If you don't mind the roaring highway all night, it is a great find.

Room tip: bring earplugs, unless you enjoy the sound of the roadnoise.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newport News - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Hi tcmtcm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and for staying at our hotel. While I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our comfortable beds and room cleanliness, I am sorry the issues with the noise levels inconvenienced your stay.

We want all of our guests to have a comfortable stop-over while visiting our hotel and I understand your frustration should we fail to deliver. We recognized your experience and plans for upgrades on sound insulation will be discussed with the upper management so we can make your stay seamless.

Nonetheless, thank you for acknowledging the hospitality of our hotel staff.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I hope you will think of us again if ever you are in the area; we trust we can provide you with an even better stay next time!

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Excellent Holiday INN Hotel is clean friendly staff has nine floors lots of parking .Room is really clean has restaurant and bar. This place is brand new opened up in May 2018 also to it has a coffee area where you could buy coffee

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Brooke S, E-Commerce Specialist at Holiday Inn Newport News - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Scott S,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.