“Nice atmosphere, great dishes”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #31 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

The servers are always happy and attentive. There can sometimes be a long wait and sometimes difficult to find parking. It is expensive, but has the same prices as other seafood restaurants that are no where near as good as here. Their tuna steak was so tender, smoky flavor, cooked just right, and a decent sized portion. Smooth, creamy mashed potatoes. Crisp, fresh green beans. I like the bread and oil they bring out while you are waiting. The bread tastes freshly baked and has a nice texture. The oil tastes genuine, not cheap, and has delicious spices sprinkled in. They also make great cocktails. Mojito is one of our favorites. I've had their tilapia and salmon in the past. Just like the tuna, always cooked perfectly. I like the options they provide for seasoning of the main dish. If you want a date night, or special occasion, or great seafood, this is the place.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This Bonefish is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always delicious and the wait staff are excellent. There are a wide variety of appetizer and main dish options and the desserts are great, too. I would highly recommend this establishment if you love seafood. They also have a great happy hour and is a good place to meet up with friends after work. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

This Bonefish definitely goes in cycles. Based on this visit, I would say it is in a "down" cycle. We had dinner there Tuesday night. I had tilapia with Pan-Asian sauce, broccoli and potatoes au gratin. Started with a house salad. My hubby had the cod with garlic mashers and broccoli and a salad. Both of our fish dishes tasted plain and old. The rest of the food was "average." Meals were accompanied by warm bread. Happy hour special of $3.50 per glass of house wine is reasonable. Restaurant has good atmosphere and we had great service, but for a $70 meal, I expect more than mediocre food. Won't visit again until some time has passed and they are back on an "up" cycle.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Come for happy hour. The pineapple martini was pure bliss!! Our service was over the moon fantastic and our dinners were excellent. Fresh grilled cod w/sweet potato mash and bang bang shrimp tacos. It'd been a long time since we ate here, but will be back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2016

This is only chain we go to. Have been to various BF's for over 10 years. We love our local one and have two servers names served we usually request. On a recent Monday we let our guard down and didn't request one.

Our food was fine. The whole issue was w/waitress (if you can call here that) and delivery of food. BF is currently running a special called Martini Monday. We were there by 5 and the bar was busy but no busier then normal and have been here on plenty Martini Monday's. It took an inordiante amount of time to get two glasses of wine. Waitress came by and said MM's are busy so it would be awhile before she could get our wine's.

We both got apps. My wife had the corn crab chowder, always on menu. It came out, serving is large. She was over half way through it, and she isn't fast eater. Waitress came after she was over half way through and asked how everything was. My wife said her soup was good and I interjected that she was over half way through and I hadn't gotten my app yet? That is when things started unravelling. The waitress told me she put both orders in at the same time but my app took 15 mins to prepare. So..hold the soup until mine is ready. I tried ( years ago I worked as waiter/mgt in high end none chain restaurtants for close 10 yrs) explain to her I didn't care about their pos system that proper service was two apps get served together two entress ect. She became very flustered. That is one issue w/restaurants that have a server take the order and runners bring the food. The issue may truly be w/the expediter in the kitchen but not my issue. Her suggestion was she'd give my wife another bowl of chowder for free to have w/my app. The chowder is heavy to start w/an if getting an entree a stupid suggestion. The waitress was very proud that both of our entrees came out together.

I am not going to review the actual food, it was good as it normally is at BF but we will make sure to ask for one or our know servers next time. I probably have been to this location 25 or more times, and BF's on east coast 10-12 times this was by FAR the worst server we have ever had.

So yes will be back , I thought about giving her name but have a feeling she will wash herself out on her own. Just beware if you get a middle age lady w/bleached hair and lots of excuses.