“Nice Dinner on a Sunday”

Salsa's Mexican Grill
Ranked #36 of 517 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Four of us had early dinner on a Sunday afternoon. Down-time for the restaurant, perhaps, but the service was still excellent and not too intrusive. The "small" margaritas were plenty large enough, and tasted great. With three of us being vegetarian, we were excited to see several meatless combos. The server even recommended a veggie burrito that was not on the menu. All the food was delicious. We will certainly be back!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Gosh, I wanted to like Salsas. They have an excellent rep and a beautiful restaurant, but my first time there my food was just intensely spicy. I got the chimichangas and I love those everywhere except Abuelas, I think it's called, in Jefferson Commons, which is horrible. Anyway, Salsas is such a cute name too but, there salsa was nothing special. The portion size was so - so , and my food had this red hot sauce ( the waiter said it was ) running out of it. I should have asked for mild but I usually don't anywhere else. So no deal for me.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

1st time at this restaurant, went with family who lives in the area. Welcoming staff, good menu selections of Mexican dishes. The folks we went with ordered the fajitas for 2, with a selection of proteins - they asked for extra onions & peppers and received a HUGE plate of fresh veggies and meats/shrimp. Fantastic! Not all drowned in sauces, just seared and delicious. As a vegetarian I went with one of their combo plates and the tostada was the best for me. Recommend this location.

1  Thank M616M
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

I typically don't eat Mexican food but at Salsa's I have found many menu items that do not upset my system. The food is great.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

Fun time on Cinco de Mayo at Salsa's on the outdoor dining deck. Always great happy hour prices on drinks and splurged on the fajitas for dinner!!