Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great fruits and veggies and someone else picks them!

Reviewed July 15, 2017
Greenakrz
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile
Great farmers market and gardening center

Reviewed June 2, 2016
Dwayne P
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2018

For me, spring has not arrived until Dean and Don's opens. I love the fresh food, especially the corn on the cob and shelled butter beans.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

There is nothing special about this Wanna-Be farm store. It is a tiny little store with an oversized parking lot.

1  Thank G8118FPlisac
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Great local market with freshness in mind. Love the tomatoes, peaches, okra and corn. Makes a Southern lady happy! Great selections...

1  Thank Greenakrz
Reviewed May 24, 2017

They have the very best vegetables in the Tidewater area. I have been getting my veggies from them for years. I have always been satisfied. They have a great selection & the veggies are are always very fresh.
You won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This is a farmer's market with very fresh food trucked in daily. The people are very nice, helpful. Just next to the market is a outdoor plant market, this time of year with pumpkins. The lovely thing for us, as we live nearby, is we can go early and get things that have been marked down and use them that day.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

Finally found farm fresh vegetables locally grown ! Lima beans , okra, corn, tomatoes , lettuce , kale , green beans ... aND Beautiful mums and pumpkins and gourds . I wish it were open all year round but alas I know local farms can't grow produce in the winter .

Reviewed June 15, 2016

That time again, the fresh tomatoes call to me! Closed on Sunday.
Good fruits and veggies, but run out of okra before I get there! It can get mighty hot in there, but worth getting fresh items.
Garden Center is wonderful, too!
Closes after Halloween and reopens in the Spring.

1  Thank Greenakrz
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

Dean and Don's is a farmer's market and gardening center. They are closed on Sundays, but open 8-5 on all other days. It is seasonal however, so it closes during the winter. The garden center has a longer season than the market. They sell Christmas trees in December and pumpkins in November. Their fruits and vegetables are usually fresher than grocery stores and prices are decent. It is kind of hit and miss as to cost comparison to grocery stores. Sometimes cheaper, often similar price, and sometimes more expensive. The workers are friendly and helpful. The garden center has a nice variety of plants and flowers. They also sell some bags of potting soil and mulch. It is worth a visit.

2  Thank Dwayne P
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Been shopping here for many years, and I have found Dean and Don's fresh food to be truly fresh. For me, Spring arrives when Dean and Don's opens. I have also found their staff helpful and pleasant. When something I expect them to have is missing, I ask and if it is back in the cooler, someone will bring it out. Cashiers always pleasant, and when I cannot locate an item, helpful to tell me where it is. I am always surprised at how little my week's worth of veggies costs.

1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

I have experienced the same rude cashiers. No personality at all even the managers. Try and support your local businesses but they still need to respect all customers. Corn is fabulous and tomatoes. Please improve the attitudes in the Newport News location. I said I was not going to shop but I love the fresh produce. The cashiers seem like they are made to work there. Maybe it's a family things.

3  Thank ReginaW522