Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great fruits and veggies and someone else picks them!

Great local market with freshness in mind. Love the tomatoes, peaches, okra and corn. Makes a... read more

Reviewed July 15, 2017
Greenakrz
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile
Great farmers market and gardening center

Dean and Don's is a farmer's market and gardening center. They are closed on Sundays, but open... read more

Reviewed June 2, 2016
Dwayne P
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The best farmer's market in the area. I always find fresh fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices that beat the heck out of the grocery stores.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Make sure to go to the one on Jefferson. The one on LaSalle gets the old cast off produce and has questionable quality. It's a shame that they treat this store as the trash dump or compost heap.

Date of experience: June 2014
3  Thank justin m
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great, great, great! I buy all of my veggies during the Summer at Dean's & Don's. It is your one stop place. I buy all the veggies I need for a whole week on one visit.
This place is a life saver for me. They have the largest selection of produce I have ever seen at one location and it has always been fresh. My husband and I eat veggies everyday of the week during season. They also sell eggs, milk and some breads for your convience.
Stop by and enjoy!

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Brenda46
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I live several blocks away and I drive by there frequently. In the summer, parking lots are full. I don't know how the folks work so hard in the heat! Great choices for southern fare (okra!)
Highly recommend the Garden Center, too!

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank Greenakrz
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last year I would drop my grandson off to school and head to Dean and Dons for flowers for my yard and groceries for dinner, I was excited to go today to look for the same. My disappointment in Dean and Dons is not in the produce or flowers they offer. My disappointment is in the cashiers in the vegetable market. They are the most unfriendly and unprofessional young ladies I have had to deal with in a long time. They don't speak or even look at you as they take their money. Their attitudes are that they cant wait for you to leave. They don't thank you for your purchase. They seem to be looking down their noses at you. Today there were three cashiers. The overweight one was eating at the register and pretending to be busy so you would not come thru her line. The store was practically empty. There were two other ladies besides myself. Dean and Dons may have fresh produce but it is not fresh enough to be treated like dirt when you are shopping there. Someone needs to train these young ladies on customer service. I can just as easily go to Walmart. I didn't feel welcome in this store.

Date of experience: May 2013