“Excellent fresh food”

Add it.
Dean and Don's Farmer's Market
Ranked #19 of 35 things to do in Newport News
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Been shopping here for many years, and I have found Dean and Don's fresh food to be truly fresh. For me, Spring arrives when Dean and Don's opens. I have also found their staff helpful and pleasant. When something I expect them to have is missing, I ask and if it is back in the cooler, someone will bring it out. Cashiers always pleasant, and when I cannot locate an item, helpful to tell me where it is. I am always surprised at how little my week's worth of veggies costs.

1  Thank Sam T

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

I have experienced the same rude cashiers. No personality at all even the managers. Try and support your local businesses but they still need to respect all customers. Corn is fabulous and tomatoes. Please improve the attitudes in the Newport News location. I said I was not going to shop but I love the fresh produce. The cashiers seem like they are made to work there. Maybe it's a family things.

3  Thank Regina W
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The best farmer's market in the area. I always find fresh fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices that beat the heck out of the grocery stores.

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Make sure to go to the one on Jefferson. The one on LaSalle gets the old cast off produce and has questionable quality. It's a shame that they treat this store as the trash dump or compost heap.

3  Thank justin m
See more reviews
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great, great, great! I buy all of my veggies during the Summer at Dean's & Don's. It is your one stop place. I buy all the veggies I need for a whole week on one visit.
This place is a life saver for me. They have the largest selection of produce I have ever seen at one location and it has always been fresh. My husband and I eat veggies everyday of the week during season. They also sell eggs, milk and some breads for your convience.
Stop by and enjoy!