Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great fruits and veggies and someone else picks them!

Great local market with freshness in mind. Love the tomatoes, peaches, okra and corn. Makes a... read more

Reviewed July 15, 2017
Greenakrz
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile
Great farmers market and gardening center

Dean and Don's is a farmer's market and gardening center. They are closed on Sundays, but open... read more

Reviewed June 2, 2016
Dwayne P
Newport News, Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

I have experienced the same rude cashiers. No personality at all even the managers. Try and support your local businesses but they still need to respect all customers. Corn is fabulous and tomatoes. Please improve the attitudes in the Newport News location. I said I was not going to shop but I love the fresh produce. The cashiers seem like they are made to work there. Maybe it's a family things.

3  Thank ReginaW522
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The best farmer's market in the area. I always find fresh fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices that beat the heck out of the grocery stores.

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Make sure to go to the one on Jefferson. The one on LaSalle gets the old cast off produce and has questionable quality. It's a shame that they treat this store as the trash dump or compost heap.

3  Thank justin m
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great, great, great! I buy all of my veggies during the Summer at Dean's & Don's. It is your one stop place. I buy all the veggies I need for a whole week on one visit.
This place is a life saver for me. They have the largest selection of produce I have ever seen at one location and it has always been fresh. My husband and I eat veggies everyday of the week during season. They also sell eggs, milk and some breads for your convience.
Stop by and enjoy!

1  Thank Brenda46
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I live several blocks away and I drive by there frequently. In the summer, parking lots are full. I don't know how the folks work so hard in the heat! Great choices for southern fare (okra!)
Highly recommend the Garden Center, too!

1  Thank Greenakrz