All reviews indoor pool recommend this hotel to anyone rooms were very clean free breakfast yogurt staff was very friendly
Reviewed October 27, 2018

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Lisa T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old and in need of an update. Our room had mold in the vents, the housekeeping staff left the previous guest used bar of soap in the shower, and the were several places where were not sure when if the black splotches were in need of a cleaning or painting. The hairdryer was sticky, I was glad I had Clorox wipes.

The bed was comfy but the ac would not adjust, we finally just turned it off. At 11:38 the phone in our room rang no hello, no identification of who was calling. The curt voice asking how many rooms were in our room block. I asked who was calling and why. I was told it was the front desk and that someone else had been given a key to our room, and she was checking to see if someone was in our room, then I was hung up in on. Three of the four rooms we had received calls, each a little different.

Went down for coffee in the morning, there were ants on the coffee bar. Another person in our room block mentioned that they had ants in their room.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lisa T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

On behalf of the entire team, I do apologize for the disturbance. Our systems went down and we needed to verify room count as we were still in the process of checking people in manually. I will be speaking with my team leaders about your concerns in your room. I do hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations and you can enjoy all the upgrades and renovations coming to the hotel soon!

Your in hospitality,
Lisa Titen
Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed September 26, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Lisa T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here because I had to attend a wedding nearby. When I arrived the check in host was nice and recommended the cookies and gave me 2 bottles of water for being a Raddison Member. When I got to my room it was nice and cold and I proceeded to look into the vents of the AC unit and all I saw was a TON of mold. It looked like it had just grown on top of other mold. As someone with allergies it activated my mold allergy when I went to sleep, but the room stayed cold. The “vent” in the bathroom didn’t work and had a lot of dust but it didn’t bother me. The bathroom overall was really nice and the bed was extremely comfortable!! My closet door was hanging off of its hinges but that wasn’t a big deal. All in all, I would probably stay here again for the price and location.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Country I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

On behalf of the entire team at the Country Inn and Suites, Newport News, VA, I thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you slept well, finding the beds comfortable and the room stayed nice and cold. The AC will be cleaned so there should not be further issues. I do hope that when your travels bring you back, you'll get to see all the wonderful changes coming to the hotel and we can exceed your expectations again! Thank you for being a Radisson Rewards member!!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Country I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newport News South, VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018