“Near Airport”
Review of Viking Burger

Viking Burger
Ranked #14 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed August 13, 2018

"Hole in the wall" or Greasy Spoon"; both are good descriptions. My wife was to return from her sisters and I was to pick her up. I looked for a place and since I frequent these type of places, I decided to try it out. It truly is convenient to the airport. Don't come in a hurry. I was behind a sailor who took and I kid you not 10 minutes to decide on a burger. The building is an "A Frame."The furnishings are dragon and viking related. Early Geek. Don't expert to order your burgers medium rare. They come one way but you have an infinite selection of burgers, cheeses and toppings. Get and least two patties. Folks are nice and for lovers of a bit of grease, this is your spot.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

We ordered different Viking Burgers o see what tastes they yield. Overall, the burgers are hot, fresh and tasty... but different. I can't put my finger on it, but they aren't your backyard burgers. Tater tots are good and fries are second to them. They do driver to your table. If you dine outside (a few tables inside), try sitting at the picnic tables to get some shade and away from the trashcans (rusty tables and flies). *** Disclaimer: Be prepared to wit a half an hour with 4 single orders in front of you!

Reviewed July 17, 2018

The staff is friendly and engaging. They say "hi" to you as soon as you come in through the door.

The burger menu is large and named like no other (think Norse mythology).
There are lots of burger choices--from mild to super spicy. Because the menu is big and the ingredients are extensive, I strongly advise you to listen to the staff when they explain their burgers. They'll let you have a taste of the spices they use before you choose one so that you won't hurt yourself with too hot a spice.

I had the Alf Burger because I like a lot of stuff on my burger. It tasted great.

My friend had the Thor Burger. He enjoyed his.

We also had the onion rings. They were just the way I like them--thick and juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside--better than Burger King's onion rings. Delicious!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Little hole on the wall...looks can be deceiving! I was a bit worried as we pulled up...but once we got inside I realized we were at the right place!

The burgers are awesome...and super good sweet tea (diabetic warning!)...and the staff makes it fun to order...plus the cook is a Cubs Fan!

I can highly recommend this place with no reservations! Eat Up!

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I have several of our friends say this place was great. They said the burgers and hot dogs were really good and affordable. so, my husband and I decided to try it. To our surprise, everything we heard was true. We decided to try the hot dogs. they were really good and cooked the way we wanted them. the atmosphere was friendly and the service was great. Going back to try something else.