“First time visit, won’t be the last!”
Review of Schooners

Schooners
Ranked #48 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went to Schooners for a book signing and dinner. Place was so busy, but we got seated immediately. The wait staff was keeping up with all of the tables being full. Steven was very attentive and helpful.
I got a hamburger and onion rings...so good! My friend had fish and chips...also a winner.
We attended the book signing after dinner and my friend, David Perry, was there promoting his newest book The Cyclops Revenge. Able to visit with him for a little while! All in all,
a very pleasant evening and I’ll be back!

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited for a couples wedding anniversary private party. The food was excellent and the wait staff was very attentive to the party's needs. About 40 people.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Friends told us about Schooners after we moved back to Newport News last year. We're happy they did. I'm reviewing as a "4" but only because I believe 5's should be reserved for those utterly fantastic dining experiences that happen once in a blue Moon. Schooners is really really good!

If you like wings, start with those - you'll be bowled over! They're big and wonderful. We've ordered different entrees from fish & chips to tilapia, salmon, and others. No bad choices if you like seafood. Service has been good - though once in a while seeming rushed by the crowds.

The prices are pretty fantastic, which is the source for the title of my review.

Great seafood, really good prices. How do they do it?

Drawback: parking is a problem almost every time during peak hours. But keep looking: it'll be worth it.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

I met the family for lunch during the holiday season. I opted for the fish and chips. The portion was HUGE! Two large portions of fish, plenty of fries, and a large serving of slaw. Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared, too. The wife opted for a salad, and the daughter for a burger. All agreed the food was great, as was the service. This is a great place for a casual meal.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I think I would be doing Schooners a disservice by calling it a sports bar, because it has more to offer but it does contain many of the ingredients of a sports bar. We absolutely love the Crazy Greek pizza and the selection of draft beers is excellent. We love to go for lunch, but have also enjoyed dinner meals there as well. Conveniently located on Warwick not far from CNU. One of our faves.