“So glad we tried it!”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #29 of 538 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We have passed by Saffron for years but never stopped in. My husband wanted something different for lunch so we went today. The menu was extensive so the host walked us through each item. He customized an appetizer for us as we could not decide. All of it was delicious! I had the Falafel special and my husband had the lamb kabob as our main courses. Both were huge portions for lunch but so wonderful! I know that we will go back for dinner soon. We both highly recommend that you give Saffron a try!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank JBBinVA

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We had the couples sampler. Everything was well seasoned and tasty! The eggplant was my favorite. The host was very gracious!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Lori_Carlson_Realtor
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Stopped by for a quick lunch to go while running some errands in the fantastic Hilton Village. The owner was very gracious and informative about the menu and kindly gave me tea as I waited for my order. Quiet and charming interior space. Food is flavorful and authentic. I will definitely come back and try more of the menu.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Markley T
Reviewed May 8, 2017

We had lunch at this little spot tucked away in a quiet part of town. The food and the owner / staff were both excellent! We will go back the next time we are in Newport News.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Took my husband there for a date night before going to the Village Playhouse for a comedy play. The food was fantastic, but the owner was even better! He came to each table personally and answered questions about himself, his restaurant business, and his native country. He was very sweet and offered samples and free appetizer and desert. Highly recommended especially if you have gluten intolerance because 90% of the menu is gluten free. Enjoy!

Date of visit: February 2017