New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ibis Dublin
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clondalkin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beavercreek, Ohio
“I would not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed for 1 night after exploring Dublin. The toilet had vomit on the toilet seat when we arrived. I called the front desk and the man there told me there was nothing he could do, no other rooms and nobody there to clean it. 5 min later the manger called and said he could move us to a different room. We started that process, I went downstairs, and the manager walked upstairs with me. Then the room they wanted to give to us smelled musty and moldy so we said we weren't moving, sleeping in that room would have been worse. I asked the manager if he could just bring a bottle of cleaner and i'd clean the toilet myself. He finally said he would come clean it. and he did. Why couldn't he just do that in the first place?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Buckeye05
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Madam,
I received this message as constructive comments and would like to thank you for this. I have now taken action with the person concerned and can ensure you that the quality of service is priority one for us. Reguarding the cleanliness I have meet the management and the employee concerned. A review of the control process is done and I can't see this to happened again. If you wish to discuss further please contact me on 00 353 1464 1480.
Kind regards.
Patrick Le Henaff
Ibis Hotel Dublin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Check in was friendly and efficient. The room was as expected - basic but clean, bright and reasonably spacious. No toiletries are provided apart from a soap dispenser in the shower but there were plenty of towels and an amply stocked tea making set. A safe is not provided which I find a bit disappointing considering how many people now tend to have valuables such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, etc which really need to be secured better when out of your immediate possession.

Location-wise, this hotel is situated in a largely industrial/suburban area so there are not a lot of amenities available within walking distance.

Enjoyed a cheap and cheerful dinner in the restaurant. The food was fine although service was a little slow considering the restaurant was only about one third full, however the waiting staff were extremely attentive and helpful at all times. In fact it was noticeable throughout that there was a generally good atmosphere and attitude among the staff which made the place more welcoming, which is not always the case with these large chains of hotels.

Checkout early the following morning was again friendly and efficient and done in a matter of seconds. I did not stay for breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IBISDUBLIN, General Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Many thanks for posting your comments. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, Very sorry, we don't have a safe in every room for the valuables but the hotel had a main guest safe. For your next stay, you will just have to ask the reception to leave your valuables in safe bag and we will keep for you. We appreciate your feedback about the restaurant and staff atmosphere in the hotel.Ibis Hotel Dublin try to provide the best quality of service for our guest. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards
Patrick Le henaff
Ibis Hotel Dublin
Clondalkin
Dublin 22
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel while exploring Dublin. We arrived at Dublin airport on a Wednesday night and stayed until Saturday morning, when we continued our journey to the westcoast. This hotel was great, as we had a rented car which we could park free of charge. And as the Luas is a 3 minute walk away we did not have to hassle to park our car in Dublin centre.

We booked online for 42 euros a night per room, including breakfast. This was great value for a hotel that was so conveniently located. The room was clean and very spacious. The mattress was not the most comfortable I have ever experienced, but good enough for my young back. The staff were very helpful, especially the cleaning staff. The breakfast had a good selection and was generally good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for the review. we always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Ibis hotel are working at the moment on the comfort of the guest and we will improve the quality of sleep, by the end of the year 2012. Thank you very much for your comment on the breakfast, the team and I, are always looking for giving the best quality of service. Hope to see you again soon at Ibis hotel Dublin.
Kind regards,

Patrick Le Henaff
Ibis hotel Dublin
Clondalkin
Dublin 22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clondalkin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
Red Cow Moran's Hotel
#5 of 7 in Clondalkin
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
#1 of 1 in Kingswood

Been to Ibis Dublin? Share your experiences!