“Jewel of the Amalfi Coast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minori
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It is no surprise this wonderful farmstay/guesthouse receives rave views. We recently spent 5 weeks travelling through Europe with our boys, and I can honestly say Villa Maria was one of the highlights. Right from the booking process with Nadia, the hospitality and warmth from the entire family, the crazy Fiat Panda ride up the hill from Minori (cheeky Vincenzo clearly enjoyed the squeals of delight from the boys as his pride&joy little-blue-mountain-goat-of-a-car traversed the near vertical driveway), the breathtaking views and the food, oh wow, the food......
This is a very, very pretty guesthouse run by a family passionate about food&their area &produce - all grown metres from the rooms! I agree with the former review that the drinks are expensive, but the food&wine combined with the view is the "art" here - we were happy to pay for the experience.
This was our first visit to the Amalfi Coast and it occurred to me staying in or near the main road would be very noisy due to the traffic&especially the buses&trucks blaring horns at every corner, whereas a 20-25 minute (calorie-burning-i-can-do-this-AND-eat-more-of-Maria's-food!) walk up through the town steps led us to the peaceful Villa Maria where we woke up to birdsong and the coffee machine! And of course, sunrise over the glorious coast, from way up high amongst the olive groves....
The charming town of Minori doesn't seem to get the publicity it deserves, but perhaps our view was swayed because we truly loved this guesthouse. Heartfelt thanks to Nadia, Vincenzo, Maria, Danilo, Myriam and all your wonderful family for making our time there truly memorable. We wish you continued success in your family endeavour and we promise to return one day.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
immenso, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

We all wish to thank you for having taken the time to share with others your satisfaction.
Dear Guests,

It was a real pleasure for us to meet your friendly and lovely family and rest assured we will do our best to offer better services to our guests.

Once again thank you for your kindness and we hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Nadia, Myriam, Maria, Vincenzo, and Danilo

Reviewed 6 November 2011

View is great, food good, Lots of steps, limited parking. Mini bus to town inexpensive but limited. Wine, lemon shooters, water and soda provided without request. However, nothing is free. You will get an nonitemized bill at the end that will shock you. BE AWARE!!

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same except upper level which has a short set of stairs but a lovely p...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Natasha F
immenso, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for your recent visit at Villa Maria and we are grateful you chose our property for your vacation.

We are sorry to learn you were a bit disappointed and as we take guests' comments into great account, we would like to respond to a few points you mentioned in your review.

First of all, kindly note that the minibus runs differently during summer and winter time. The service is limited from October till March, however it runs more frequently during Spring and Summer. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to implement the service as it does not depend on us.

With reference to the drinks, it is well highlighted either on the website and on the e.mail correspondence that beverage is not included in the half board rate.
Considering the fact that the difference in price between B&B basis and Half Board basis is only € 15,00, I am sure you will understand that we cannot include drinks.

Also, to avoid any misunderstanding there is a price list in the dining area with the cost of each drink.

On the final bill we usually report the total amount for beverage, however we will consider your suggestion and will provide guests with a detailed beverage list at the check-out.

Finally, we included 1 complimentary dinner for each couple of your group as per our special promotion.

Once again, thank you for your visit and for having given us the opportunity to comment on your impressions.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2011

From the exhilirating car trip up the mountain, you know you have stumbled upon something special. What a wonderful family, highly accommodating and funny and entertaining. Lovely private rooms. Obviously amazing views. Community shuttle follows a schedule to help one up the hill on the way back from town in the afternoons. Dinner is cooked by hostess Maria and is exceptionally delicious and fantastic value for money - 15 euro for a four course meal including wine and Vincenzo's famous limoncello. Minori is the ultimate laid back amalfi coast town, not nearly as overrun with tourists as the others. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
immenso, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for your recent stay and for providing us with your kind and positive feedback.

A special thanks from Maria and Vincenzo and we all look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kindest regards,

Nadia Manzo

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We spent six days of our honeymoon and it was fantastic ...
Minori is a delightful city, very small and full of friendly people ...
It is a truly Italian experience to stay here ... We also did the cooking lesson with Maria and was fantastic ...Vincenzo and his family received us very well, are adorable.
We really miss our meals, lemonades, wines and limoncello ...
Highly recommended !!!!!

Room Tip: we stay in Anemone room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuliaCardoso
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Located in a farm way above the sea, offering fantastic views from your very room, close to world-class attractions (Ravello, Amalfi, Positano, Capri...) and yet secluded and private. The hosts go out of their way to offer you genuine food with warm and solicitous hospitality. We had an ideal stay here and plan to return when again on the Amalfi Coast. Grazie, signori di Villa Maria!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was my fourth visit in three years. I love going back to Villa Maria and I highly recommend it for anyone that would like to visit the Amalfi Coast. Minori is a quiet town, and after being in the bustling towns of Amafli, Positano and Capri it is a pleasure to come back to a little peace and quiet. The views from Villa Maria are fantastic and the family are warm and generous. I wrote a review after my first visit, but not since. I always read the reviews here and one thing that I find strange is the terrace that many mention in connection with the room Camelia. As far as I know this is not a "private" terrace, but open to all guests. I was sent up on my first visit to sit in the sun. I know the family also has guests sitting or relaxing there when they have had their special Sunday dinners, this happened once when I had the room in connection with the terrace. I do know that on my second visit when I went up to look at the view I walked up and the guest was taking a shower in the outdoor shower, so some should be aware that it is not as private as they may believe. If I could find anything that I would fault it is the coffee pot in the morning, as it takes ages to get coffee into a cup...I thinks this needs to be replaced. Another improvement could be a list placed somewhere where the prices of the wine, coffee, limoncello etc. were listed. I know the prices at Villa Maria are not the highest ,especially compared to other places within the area, but I like to know what I am paying when I order something.These are minor things and should in no way reflect badly, but would only improve what is otherwise in my opinion one of the most beautiful places to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KLJDenmark
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here in August and it was one of the best places we have stayed. The views were amazing, the rooms were lovely and Minori was a great place to stay. Our hosts were fabulous and the food they cooked was memorable. We didnt want to leave and cant wait to return. This was a slice of heaven.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minori
0.5 km away
Palazzo Vingius
#3 of 7 in Minori
0.4 km away
Bed and breakfast Villa Marietta

Been to Agriturismo Villa Maria? Share your experiences!