All reviews small pool host giuseppe hotel restaurant our room was cleaned nice beaches the hotel is clean this wonderful hotel loved ischia hot springs terrace island sea jacuzzi port euro
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Nice rooms, beautiful view, nice pool, and a great family run hotel. The hotel is well located and the restaurant is outstanding!
The island of Ischia is a wonderful vacation destination with fantastic food, nice beaches and hot springs.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bill2421
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We got off to a poor start with Giuseppe as there was a wedding at the hotel on the day we arrived, we agreed to stay at another site on the beach which was very nice but much smaller and more basic than we expected, the next day we were taken back to the hotel and shown our room, lovely views across the bay from the terrace and a much bigger room. From then on our holiday was wonderful. The hotel is on a beautiful site and the family make you feel at home. Giuseppe runs everyone around the town and tries to please everyone, no wonder he's so thin. The hotel is clean and bright, our room was cleaned every day and the beds made. We ate at the restaurant 3 of the nights and in town the others. Giuseppe took us into town but was busy in the restaurant later on. We walked back a couple of evenings but be aware the footpaths are not brilliant - take a torch. It's uphill and takes about 30mins depending on how often you stop to get your breath. Once you get to the hotel/restaurant the slope from the bottom to the hotel itself is about 45degrees so not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties, breakfast is down the slope so take whatever you need with you as you really don't want to keep going up and down. Taxi's are expensive here, you need to bargain but we were charged between 10 and 15 euro from town but they all started at 20. It's only 2.2 km from town to the hotel so it's a bit of a rip off which is why Giuseppe tries to help as much as he can.

Room tip: All rooms have a view though some are smaller than others, all are quiet unless you get noisy neighbours
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ripley11
Reviewed May 19, 2017

I had an excellent time being hosted by the family. Mama, Guisippe, his wife, Kelly, Amerigo, the other elderly lady who didn't speak English but always spoke with me full of energy and help. I felt like I went to visit family. The food at the restaurant was excellent. I enjoyed the traditional Ischia rabbit and tomato and their pizzas are divine. It's near Negombo Water Park and they dropped me off and picked me up. They're a lovely hard working family. I'm going back with friends soon! xx

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2017

It was a perfect holiday thanks to this amazing hotel. Our room was clean and bright and had a cute little terrace with the most breathtaking sea view - perfect for a breakfast under the sun. Service was excellent and the owner was very friendly and helpful. The hotel also has a family restaurant with DELICIOUS Ischian food at surprisingly low for the quality prices. Bravo!

Room tip: Breathtaking sea view.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Ischia wasn't on my hit list for travelling the southern coast of Italy, but I am very glad my friend and I were talked into staying on this beautiful island with Giuseppe and his family run hotel, Poggio Del Sole. He has been our personal adviser as well as taxi to and from Forio port, plus the food at La Casereccia has been amazing, so fresh and the flavours mouth watering. I am very much so looking forward to visiting again, next time in on the Italian summer!!

Date of stay: October 2016