All reviews breakfast offered hotel guests thermal park the bus pools facilities island spa
Reviewed January 17, 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days and it was really pleasant stay. Great and diverse breakfast and dinner. Permanent access to 10 swimming pools. The nice thing that guests of the hotel could use main pool 2-3 hours before thermal park working hours. The only thing that disappoint us was the beach, we thought it would be sandy, but it was rocky and these rocks was really slippery so be careful. Because of the beach in my opinion this thermal park a little bit worse than Negombo and Poseidon, but it really great to have pools less than 50 meters away from your room, so everything has its pros and cons.
Location of the hotel is fine, because there is little grocery store just 1 stop away (we bought a lot of water and fruits here to eat between breakfast and dinner) a and when you go about 4-5 stops you will got to the city.

Wi-fi was free, but its speed and quality was very unstable most of the time.
If you like white wine you should definitely try their Castiglione wine, which you can find only in this hotel (I ask in 3 shops to buy this wine, but they didn't have one).

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2015

At 19.09.2015 hotel has evicted us from the room - self-opening our room and collect our things without our presence!!
Explain this action so that this no free rooms in hotel and they need to settle a group of tourists from Germany. Such situation we meet for the first time in many years of voyages. It is unpleasant and no one will ever recommend this hotel because it is not known who will be the next on the same situation. Such potision of hotel Managment is index of low moral principles

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Анна Ф
Reviewed June 15, 2015

Spent a wonderful day yesterday at Castiglione thermal park, staff were all very kind and helpful especially Diego & Sabrina behind the bar and Sabrina even brought my purse back to me at my sunbed after I'd forgotten it at the bar. The girl at the self service till had a lovely smile and was very good helping me choose. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2015

What to say about this place. It gave me a bit of mixed feelings. It is a nice place, with excellent landscaping and gardening. Also the pools offer good wellness and thermal facilities. In general the staff is friendly and willing to be of service. Also breakfast was good.

However there are just two pools out of ten open to kids, which is a bit meager as we are a family with kids. Besides that the whole concept is a bit outdated. You probably need to be an elderly person, totally focussed on the wellness and in an all inclusive arrangement. If you are not, then it is a bit hard to blend in. The best day for us was when it was open to the locals, then it was much more lively. Besides that the wifi was just bad. It is offered as a service, but even when you receive something it is 90's download speed.

So all in all not bad, but could most definitely be better.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

For anyone that thinks this hotel is not centrally located, they have not been to the rest of ischia which is packed with remote hotels and spa resorts. I thought the location was excellent, hill top and away from the madness of one of the most populated ports I have ever witnessed on a small island but only a 5 min bus ride to the centre of Ischia and the bus stop is just outside the hotel or a beautiful 25 minute walk if you're not lazy. The 10 swimming pools went down a treat and the hotel grounds are absolutely beautiful with incredible vegetation typical of Ischia. The staff were great and in particular the staff in the seafood restaurant which is right on the shore. The food was really good if you pick the right choices and the views from both restaurants were breathtaking. The only criticism I have is that the room, although clean was not of a 4 star rating as it lacked a luxury feel, didn't have any tea or coffee making facilities, had a small TV, an empty mini bar, the bathroom product range did not reflect that of a Spa resort and the wifi was often out of service so a little work needs to be done there but overall I really enjoyed staying in Castiglione. It may also be worth noting that the private beach is not sandy but more rocky.

Date of stay: July 2012