Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

Me and my husband spendt 6 nights in the hotel . Its one of the best experience ever. Up in the mountains in Camerota there is a beautiful oase like paradise waiting every day after a long day in the sun and walking or driving to the beaches. The rooms are very comfortable and clean , the silence and the beautiful view are breathtaking and relaxing. The food and wine are high class . I have no Words . The best of all where the staff... young ,friendly , smiling, personal ,serviceminded and very professional for giving their guests the best. If we can make IT we will Come Back . We will Come Back Anne & Leif , Norway

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aniello_De_Vita, Direttore at Relais Pian Delle Starze, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Hello Anne and Leif,

Thank you so much for your words, it was a pleasure to welcome you too, you were lovely guests too, and we hope to see you soon here, to allow you a stay for these beaches of Cilento, and let you taste many other good Wines and new Dishes.

Your words are really important for us,
Have a Great Summer

Relais du Silence
Giovanni

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

The place is absolutely amazing, decorated with so much taste. Flowers all around, silence, peace. The food is really good but above all the people is close. Real Italy in an incredible environment. We will come back (next time with the whole family) for sure.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2018

My husband is Italian, and we spend part of the year in Italy. We had been looking for a place by the sea. We like hiking, quiet, and great food. At Pian Delle Starze, we found all of that. The food was some of the best we have had in Italy--creative, fresh, and delicious. I loved the pre-appetizer that they brought out immediately. One evening, it was mild white fish in a parsley sauce. Another evening, it was focaccia with fabulous fresh tomatoes. Always a surprise. Gourmet quality food and wonderful wines of all kinds.
Everyone working there was extremely kind and attentive. Maria, Giuseppe, and Orlando were professional and friendly and answered all of our questions at the restaurant. Francesca, Giuseppe, and Giovanni were really helpful at the front desk. And the two housekeepers were wonderful--warm, friendly, and funny.
The location was perfect for us. We hiked to amazing beaches with perfect, clear water. If you are not a hiker, it's an easy drive down to the town to go to the beaches there.
The rooms were fine. We especially appreciated the mosquito screens. My husband is a mosquito magnet, and even if there were not very many, they would have been a torture for him. It was perfectly quiet at night, and we slept with the door to the terrace wide open.
I read a negative review that mentioned noise during the day. It's true that the quiet did not continue during the day, but it is certainly quieter than most other places. The same reviewer complained that little English was spoken. Although I speak Italian, I have always enjoyed visiting places where I have to learn a few essential phrases and then communicate with hands for the rest. Certainly Italians visiting the U.S. do not expect (and would be shocked to find) staff speaking Italian anywhere, even in a luxury hotel in a big city.
The pool and the garden were beautifully maintained and a pleasure to spend time in.

Room tip: We were on the middle floor, but the top floor looked even better.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aniello_De_Vita, Direttore at Relais Pian Delle Starze, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Mr and Madam,

Many Thanks for your Review,

It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guests, as it is always for people who spend days here with us. It is very interesting to read your accurate judgment. About the language we agree with you: it is nice to learn and communicate with the local language even if we'll try to improve ourselves to have an English that will be sufficient for a good communication.

On behalf of the staff All, we want to say again thank you and send you our warmest regards.
Hope to see you soon here.

Have a Good Evening.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I travelled with my sister who was wheelchair bound and we selected your hotel for our holiday.
From the very time of our arrival to our departure words simply fail me...... The ambience, service, style and comfort of the accommodation and your outstanding staff made our stay most enjoyable. Your team could not have done enough for us your senior management headed by the Hotel manager Mr. Giovanni and his outstanding assistance, who could not have done any more to make our stay so enjoyable, their kindness and their professionalism was simply outstanding. (So much so that we extended our stay for a further 2 nights)
Having been a tour operator for over forty years I have stayed in many properties worldwide and I would rate your Hotel a full ten out of ten. The very location can not be beaten, directly overlooking the sea. To your room, restaurant, reception, and pool area staff when far and beyond the call of their duty to make sure that my sister was accommodated in every way to make our stay so enjoyable.
We look forward to returning to your paradise on earth next year again.
Our full marks to you, Mr. Giovanni, you are an outstanding team player, and all but all of your staff find it an honour to fall under your guideness. We wish you and your team every success for 2018 and many years to come...

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Con and Sister A.

Many Thanks for your Review,

It was a very pleasure to have you here in our Relais, as every people that spends some days here.
We can say Thanks for your wonderfull words that you have spend for us, we try and will try to do our best to accomodate our guest better.

Many Thanks Again on behalf of the staff all !
Our Warmest Regards to you and the Madam Murphy

Hope to see you soon Here
Have a Good Evening
Giovanni

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Living in London and exhausted by the hustle and bustle of a big city, I was really looking forward to spending a week somewhere quiet and totally immersed in nature - Pian delle Starze was just what I was looking for.

The location is unparalleled - nestled on a hill in the middle of southern Italy's Cilento National Park, the panoramic views from our room were breathtaking as was the soothing calm environment where the only thing we could hear was the sound of crickets in the background at night. Being a bit of a fussy sleeper, I was pleased to find that the beds were very comfortable and that the room was thankfully protected by a fool proof mosquito net. The garden pool is well maintained (again with beautiful views) and was a welcome oasis of peace for those afternoon/evenings when cooling down was a necessity after being out all day.

Pian delle Starze is a family business and the family was indeed quite involved. The owner Giovanni was welcoming and always helpful with anything we needed although his mother and aunt really stole the show as the cooks in the kitchen who delighted us every evening with delicious dishes made with local ingredients and using traditional recipes. Looking forward to dinner became one of the highlights of the holiday! Breakfast didn't disappoint either - there was plenty to choose from: from cereal, lots of fresh fruit, bread, butter and jams to different types of home made cakes, croissants, cheeses, cured meats, omelettes, yoghurts - you name it. If you have food allergies, you can be easily catered for - being gluten free was easily accommodated.

Perhaps what I remember most fondly though, is the friendliness, kindness and professionalism of the staff. The restaurant waiting staff Maria, Orlando and Giuseppe were absolutely delightful as was the general manager Rosario and receptionist Francesca. It was them who really made the whole experience that extra special. All in all, I had a wonderful time :-)

Date of stay: July 2018