All reviewsbeer festivalsant' antoniorooms are basictrulli areayogurtmosquitoeschurchmattressluggagebreakfastvillage
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in the best possible location, as you walk right out of the hotel and into the heart of the Trulli area. Breakfast was very good. The rooms are basic, but comfortable. Staff are very helpful. Parking is on the street nearby, but we managed to park with no problems. A very pleasant stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I had read all the reviews about this Hotel before I booked and they varied greatly. As It was one of the less expensive in Alberobello I decided to book it. As mentioned there are 3 flights of stairs 2 up to the reception. A member of staff very kindly helped me with my suitcase as I was struggling a bit. I found during my week long stay all the staff I encountered were friendly, helpful and pleasant to talk to. My room was on the second floor at the back overlooking a lovely Courtyard. My room had two single beds the rooms are basic but very clean. I did find the bed a little on the narrow side and the mattress very firm. The bathroom was a good size and towels changed almost every day. I did have a few Mosquitoes in the room but that's bound to happen with the windows open. There is a fan which I did appreciate . I don't think it matters where your room is as you will still hear the church bell ring which didn't bother me and there are dogs at the back which i could hear barking on occasion . But I didn't know during summer there is a Beer Festival every night behind the hotel and you can hear the loud thumping music until after midnight. Breakfast was better than I expected I don't mind a Continental breakfast it was adequate for me. Cereals, toast, boiled eggs, yogurts, croissants, ham, cheese, pastries, tea, coffee, juice, it's better than some hotels I've stayed in. Breakfast is on the ground floor beside the courtyard .The hotel is about 20/25 mins walk from the Train St. I arrived on foot from the station around 5pm took me a bit longer to get to the hotel with luggage and trying to get through the crowds. There is no Taxi rank at the station so might be best to book one in advance if needed. In all I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Sant' Antonio. The village is very hilly and be careful of the slippy stones.

Room Tip: During summer a room at the front might be better.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MARILYNWILLIS
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Nice hotel at the top of the Alberrobelo tourist strip, part of the Albergo is still used as a church. Clean rooms, good breakfast. It is a 10 minute walk to the centre of town but a bit longer going back as it is uphill. Many tourist shops and cafes nearby. Parking is on street. This is a good 3 star small hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed September 3, 2016

The only good point is the location in the heart of the trulli houses.
Besides this there are a lot of bad points:
- a very bad smell in the room (I suppose it came from the mattress)
- very bad soundproof
- very bad breakfast (only sweets and old bread) and bad coffee
- lack of the hangers or shelf in bathroom
- a lot of mosquitoes in the room
- a lot of stairs till reception and no elevator

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Arrival was strange with barely two words and not a trace of a smile from the lady who i think may be the owner. Up three flights of stairs just to get to the reception.
I had to specifically ask and drag the information about breakfast, internet, check out etc from her.
Wifi did not extend to the part of the hotel where my room was, I really needed, to plant he rest of my trip. The lady refused to acknowledge this, sighed and threw a tantrum and said it must be a problem with my phone...and my computer...and my ipad. So I sat in the corridor.
The room was pretty sparse, echoey, and the bathroom fan didn't work. If anyone can open those sachets of shampoo let me know how. I'm normally not too fussy as I've slept in all sorts of places but this single bed was really uncomfy!
Breakfast was really lacking, i don't know what other hotels offer in the area but there wasn't even a trace of fruit in any form.
As I left and went to pay she was scowling, and the whole time all she said was the price I should pay, no smile again, despite mine, until my cheery goodbye she replied with a bye bye.
Really it was her attitude from the first moment that ruined my stay and gave it a bad taste. Lack of wifi and poor breakfast were disappointing.
Again I don't know what else there is around to compare price and value with, but I wouldn't really go back.

Room Tip: 100-110 rooms may struggle with or not have wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo