All reviews end of june swimming pool vineyards and olive groves amazing views beautiful location private terrace wine festival glass of wine alessandro santa accommodation host farm apartment bedroom mosquitoes tuscany
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Alessandro is the best host! He was excellent with helpful tips on restaurants, activities, hiking, and making you feel welcome and comfortable.

We stayed in the small one bedroom apartment. It was clean and taken care of. Some bugs, but if you're staying on a farm, you have to be ok with a few spiders to kill or remove to the outside. No bad mosquito problems or anything like we read about other places.

Also there is a wild boar family that roams around at about 10 each night. Was hilarious to watch the little pigs scatter when we stepped outside. Thankfully didn't see the mother but we heard her. No issues on this but could've used the heads up Alessandro! We saw in an article written by the Maine family that visits often.

Pros: great location, excellent host, swimming pool, unbelievable view, clean, great AC,

Cons for us: colored sheets, wild boars? Nah that's awesome.

Cons for others: tiny shower, not a ton to do on the property besides the pool so you need a rental car.

Definitely would return.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2016

I have been dragging my feet in writing this review since we first came here in 2013, as I'm not sure I really want other people to discover that this is one of the best places ever. This year was our third stay at Il Santo and I feel I owe it to its exceptional and most gracious host, Alessandro, to tell you that this well-kept place is surely the highlight of any trip to Italy. Very few apartments, excellent WiFi, very clean and lovely pool, a stunning view over the rolling hills and green surrounding Greve. Alessandro masters the art of keeping his distance to let you enjoy your stay and have the place to yourself, only to magically appear every time you need him. Most days, we cooked ourselves. There are also many good restaurants in and around Greve.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank Michaela1B
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Il Santo is stunning as promised. Beautiful views over Tuscany countryside. The accommodation is simple but good. The place was fully booked but we almost unaware of the presence of other guests such was our seclusion.
I hurt my leg one evening. Owner, Alessandro, drove me to nearby Greve in Chianti next morning to see a doctor.
We feared the worse, so he then drove me to a hospital an hour away at Figline where I had X-rays taken. We returned to Il Santo 3 hours later. His actions were exceptional.
We were most grateful for all his help.
And an amazing place to be infirm!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank David W
Reviewed April 12, 2016

second time better than first...another time at Il Santo , another fantastic experience , beautiful views , nice pool , nice people very close to Greve in Chianti , Florence , Siena , San Gimignano , Volterra etccc

Room tip: Capanna is very indipendent
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank silvia m
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Wonderful place ..near the village of Greve in Chianti, beautiful landscapes , breathtaking view from the pool , kind people and helpful , a good starting point to visit the main citiesof Tuscany ! We will co

Room tip: from "Fienile" best view
Date of stay: May 2015