“Excellent location”

and 1 more site!
Monaco & Quisisana Hotel
Ranked #163 of 251 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The owner of the hotel overseas every single sitting at breakfast and evening meals, looking over the staff and the guests shoulders making you feel uncomfortable.
He is a miserable individual, which seems to have rubbed off, onto the restaurant staff, as they are just as bad.
This is most unprofessional. I have paid good money for the holiday and expect equally good service and treatment.
Thomsons know about this problem. I am extremely disappointed and surprised to know that they have allowed the situation to carry on for so long.
Wine at the table is 15 euro a bottle upwards, none left with one week to go, then had to pay 20 euro. Water at the table is 5 euro a bottle.
The main course was generally very good. Which is just as well, as the desert was a disaster. The ice cream totally ran out with 11 days left to go. We were told it would not be replaced as the hotel was closing at the end of our stay, but could be purchased at the beach bar. This left, unripe, hard fruit, good cheeses and cakes. In the end l skipped this course.

Beach Bar and pool area was very clean and well run.
As we went with two weeks of the season left, lido de Jesolo was ideal for us, not too busy, it evidently it gets packed mid season. The local shops, amenities and the hotel location were excellent, as were the trips to Venice. Free bike hire at the hotel was smashing, with easy cycling in lanes.

We would recommend Lido de Jesolo but not the hotel as it appears that thomsons will keep
on turning a blind eye to this problem.

6  Thank gungaLondon

Reviewed 3 October 2011

After having visited Sorrento before we knew what to expect in Italian Hotels so there were no major suprises in store for us and we really enjoyed our holiday. Nothing to add to most of the reviews however if by being sensible this can be a sub £1,000 break for two including spending money.

The owner is around all of the time but we had no problems with him, in fact the place is absolutely spotless and the food presentasion and quality is very good so maybe hats off to him for keeping a tight ship. The rooms are noisy with the air con on and the beer/wine is expensive in comparison to the UK but in the local Black Cat Pub a pint of beer with 20% froth was 4.5 euros so it is not out of line with the area. But your beer/wine in one of the small supermarkets to enjoy before dinner at UK corner shop prices.

Please be aware that the resort mostly shuts in the last week of September for Winter so we would go next time at the start of September not the end.

We would return again to the resort and probably the hotel.

3  Thank russ999rocket
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I booked this hotel through Thomson Website, but I wished I had booked the one next door, ie. Caesar Augustus Hotel. Let me describe my encounter with him when I went there in August as a family of 5, and let you be the judge.
On the third evening at the restuarant, I wanted to get some spaghetti, which was available at the front of the queue of about 7 customers who were all waiting for the steak. Rather than waiting for the 7 customers to be served steak before I could get my spaghetti, I decided to move to the front of the queue where there was no queue for the spaghetti at all and this would not have affected the 7 customers still waiting for the steak. What happened next was beyond belief. Mr Giannetti, the grumpy looking old man who was standing guard in the restuarant every evening approached me and told me that the queue was behind the 7 customers waiting for the steak where I had just moved from. I told him that all I wanted was just some spaghetti and there was no queue. He then proceeded to literally snatch the plate out of my hand!! And told me to join the back of the queue (for the steak). I have never felt so embarrassed in my life. I decided to complain to the manager (Is she really his daughter……, for her sake I hope not) who told me not to take it personally, and he was the owner (I did not know this beforehand). There was nothing I could do about his rudeness. It obviously does not bother him. There were other stories about his manners in the restaurant like telling customers to leave where it was closing time at 9pm and balls in the pool area etc etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank J L
Reviewed 25 September 2011

just back from our holiday at the monaco & quisisana we had a lovely time. we were in room 1 everything clean, bathroom products plentiful, free safe and fridge and plenty of wardrobe space. the beds were the comfiest we have slept in abroad usually lot harder. our balcony was over the adjoining passage to the other part of the hotel I dont think we ever had sun on the balcony and just could see the see down the side. this didnt bother us but I bet the rooms over the pool direct to the sea have a lovely view. we didnt have any noise bothering us as one of the previous reviewers mentioned. air conditioning was still on the week we were there 16-23 september but on a colder wet night they turned it off so we had no problems. the staff were all really nice we did try a bit of italian good morning,afternoon and evening and often got it wrong. food really nice but i think if we hadnt been walking and biking would have put on a lot of weight. wine rather on the steep side 15 euros a bottle for a cabernet, i have had a nicer stowells cabernet in uk for 4.99. only one entertainment night which was a management cocktail which we missed but they had some music playing before and after dinner. the owner who everyone complains about yes he was watching the staff all the time but i think they were on the ball and if they did there jobs right he didnt bother them. i never saw him been rude to them. bonus was the free bikes and because of jesolo been flat we biked about a lot. bit hard on the bum but easy and bike lanes most of the way even when they werent there most drivers were curtious and didnt seem to be any speeding. getting quieter when we were there as season nearly finished but weekend we saw children show enjoyed better than x factor in the aurora piazza, children running races on the streets all closed off and policed for safety, a alfa romeo car competition and a vintage car rally. so there was a bit to see. did our own trip to venice local bus and ferry cost 23 euros each included ferry up the grand canel it would have cost us 43 euros each to go with thomsons. just had to ask which ferry to get onto at the port as there is quees to them all - asked in the tobaconist and the public ferry is right oppisite. venice was very crowded remember to leave rucksacks in the luggage office to go in the church in st marks square or they wont let you in. went to verona and lake garda with thomson as long journey again lovely places to see. overall a lovely relaxing break and would go back to check out venice and verona again. a week is long enough in lido though i thing if we had bad weather would have struggled to find something to do. beaches clean just used the deck chairs as the beds are 7 euros. swam in the sea but saw a couple of jellyfish which put me off a bit the locals were swimming so mayme they didnt sting. good short flight to italy 2 hours from manchester lovely flying over the alps.

Room Tip: if you want to look direct to the sea ask for a room over the pool area
5  Thank TripMember03312015
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We have just returned from staying a week at the Monaco and Quiisana in Lido di jeselo. .Our room was No 109 on the 1st floor and whenever the main system was turned on which was most of the day till midnight, our whole room, including the floor and furniture vibrated and we got a constant droning noise.The management must have been aware of this because of the noise from the base ment and around the lift areas.Other rooms may not have been affected as we were directly above it.But they should not put guests in rooms that are obviously so bad.When I told them about it they just said it was because the pipes ran up to service all the hotel, as though that was enough to justify it.It's hard to get over how bad it was except to say it was perhaps like chinese water torture.It spoilt our sleep and made the room unusable during the day.This was a shame really because we agreed with other guests on the other good points about the hotel,food,and staff etc.

Room Tip: rooms near 109 are noisy from air con as well as kitchen extractor systems,dustbins and septic tank...
1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed 6 September 2011

An excellent location, direct beach access, lovely promenade, hotel beach bar was a welcome addition in the heat of the day, all the local shopping and bars/ gelataria nearby. Lovely pool, cleaned daily and throughout the day.Our room was 'side sea view' and was perfect, overlooking open space with very good sea view, large balcony. Room cleaned daily, fresh linen etc, bidet, bath shower. plenty of storage in wardrobe, drawers and shelves. Staff professional and attentive, polite and friendly but very efficient. Manager approachable, proud of his domain and behaved as a manager running a service to give customers a good holiday experience.( It worked). The food was outstanding, well prepared, excellent service and choices for all tastes using fresh local produce. Wide variety of meats, fish, salads and fresh hot and cold menu with wonderful starters and sweets. Easy access to Venice by public transport . We have been to Jesolo 5 times and will certainly return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: The side sea view rooms on left of hotel (as enter reception) are shaded after early am, that helps...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol-and-Pete
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a week's holiday at the Monaco & Quisisana, which we booked as a package holiday with Thomsons Holidays.

This was our second time to Lido Di Jeselo, we had a week there in 2007. The last time we stayed at the nearby Las Vegas Hotel which is rated as a three star, but as no tour operators had it in their books we went for the Monaco & Quisisana instead.

This hotel deserves its four star rating, it is a very good looking hotel, clean, fully air conditioned and impressive inside - the choice of food is fantastic. It is all buffet and you can eat as much as you like, for a finiky eater such as myself it was great as there was such a good selection, the breakfast was good too.

I really liked the hotel but found the management unfriendly and aloof. When we arrived there was no smile from the female hotel director, she checked us in, gave us our room number and pointed us to the lift in a way that made me wonder if our staying there was an inconvenience. I saw her and, I presume, her father, be very short with some of their staff who all looked a bit on edge, although they were excellent and gave great service.

On our first day we turned up for our evening meal at 7 pm and found out they did not open the restaurant until 7.30 pm, so we went to the bar to find a sign saying the bar is closed from 6.30 pm to 8 pm - which seemed odd.

I can't say I was too happy that there was a three euro charge for the use of the poolside sunbeds per person, so we went to the beach and found a sunbed on their section of beach and was gobsmacked when asked by a beach attendant for a 7 euro charge for the sunbed - the beach chairs were free. When we stayed at the Las Vegas previously we used the beach sunbeds several times during the week and was not asked for a penny extra. This time we trecked down to the free beach and used that.

However, if you ignor the surley management and the charges for the sunbeds, this hotel is a good hotel to stay at and for everything else it can't be faulted.

Although it is unlikey we will return to Lido, twice is enough as there is not much there to do other than visit Venice, I would have no objection to staying at the Monaco Quisisana again - and a smile from the hotel director would make the place exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple