This was our first Riu hotel but it was so good they will be the first hotels we try for any holiday in the future. Now for the review. Fantastic food especially the gala dinners. Staff really friendly and helpful. Good sized spotless room with two large double wardrobes so plenty of room if staying longer. More hangers are readily available if needed. Most rooms have sea or partial sea view and the lovely sound of the breaking waves from the terrace is standard for them all. Free bus into Funchal is very good but local busses are cheap and bus stop only yards from the hotel. There is a nice promenade along the sea shore that is home to some friendly feral cats of every description. Not your average feral cats, these are beautifully clean and well fed for the most part and as we like cats it was nice to go for a walk after the evening meal and have a 'chat'.We liked the whole holiday so much we will definitely come back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico, Portugal