See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2018

If you are looking for panchakarma cure ... in my opinion this is not the place. I signed up for 2 weeks treatment in early May and was very disappointed!
The good: the stuff is very very nice !
The bad: for 2 weeks we ate the same food .... very little variety and not anything Specials. After couple of days it’s gets very very boring also not ideal for gut healing to eat the same stuff. ALL the guest were complaining about it.
The Ayuveda doctors are nice but don’t taylor the treatments for each individual... although you will be meeting with them every morning they give everyone the same “ program”. I have done panchalarma previously and it helped me a lot to eliminate symptoms that I have due to an auto immune disease... but this place is more vacation than a place for cure!
The very bad: the hotel is not 4 start ! It is located in a residential neighborhood so there is nothing to do around and beacouse of the treatment’s schedule you feel trapped and bored ! For panchakarme it’s nice to be surrounded by nature and be able to have small walks / hikes in between treatments ... this place is serounded by private homes!
The ocean view is the only amazing thing but after a day or two that’s not enough. They don’t have sauna or pool and the steam-bath treatment didn’t work well ( it is important to elevate body heat when during panchakarma which wasn’t the case in this hotel).
The hotel design/ atmosphere is very depressing ... the dinning room looks like “workers cafeteria”. The reception ( which is a small office) is closed at 6 PM so if you need help or have questions there is no one to talk to ...and after dinner the place is “dead”. There are “public lounge” / spaces to hang out and make new friends with the other hotel guests ... so you get locked at your room after dinner every night !
The shower is dated Andy the water pressure is very very weak.
The room furniture are from the 80’s ... so you spend a lot of time in your room which is also not attractive. The only good things about the room is the balcony but for two weeks stay again that’s not enough!
If you are looking for real panchakarma cure for body and mind I presnaly recommend you look for another place ... I will not go back for sure !
Also upon arrival I was asked ( they insisted) that I will pay in full for the hotel and treatment .... which got me all suspicious.. but I did pay and now I understand why they did ... as otherwise I would have left few days into the treatment!
Anyway I hope that my review will save you the disappointment I experiencesd.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank talbar3
David A, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Alpino Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing some upgrades to the property, the restaurant and especially the bathroom within the next couple of months.

However, we are sorry to only now find out that you neither liked our hotel nor the Panchakarma cure. As you mention, the Ayurveda cure centre is situated in a calm hotel Alpino Atlantico, which is located by the sea in a quiet, lush area. This is essencial for Ayurveda guests to be able to relax and feel at ease. Im certain that if our staff would have known that you were not pleased with the cure, we would have spoken to the Ayurveda doctors and altered your program. It is a pity we did not know this earlier, because next to Alpino Atlantico the rest of the Galo Resort is open for all our guests to make use of our indoor -and outdoor pools, SPA, Saunas and many other facilities. It would be a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our improved resort in the future!

With much appreciation,
your Galo Resort hotel team

Reviewed January 28, 2018

1 semaine en décembre pour une cure ayurvédique/1 Week in December for an ayurveda treatment week. Même pas une heure de soins par jour, quand une vraie cure ayurvédique propose 2 h de soins minimum/Even not 1 hour treatment per day while a real cure offers at least 2 hours. Même nourriture pour tous, et non pas selon les doshas de chacun/same food for everyone, and not according to each one doshas... Je donnerais à peine 3 étoiles à l'hôtel quand il annonce 4/Hardly 3 stars hotel when announced 4 stars. 7 min de nettoyage de la chambre par jour et draps inchangés pendant 1 semaine/7 min for daily room cleaning, and bed sheet unchanged during the week. Cher pour ce que l'on obtient réellement, et grosse déception malgré personnel très compétent et volontaire (traitements, nettoyage, cuisine)/Expensive as regards what you really get, and big disappointment despite nice staff (treatments, cleaning, cooking). On sent que tout est fait pour gagner de l'argent en fournissant le minimum/Feeling that everything is made by the hotel and the ayurvedic management to get the maximum money while giving the minimum back

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017

This was the best panchakarma treatment I have done. The location is quiet and peaceful. There are two treatments each day, so you really, really relax. The therapists are all excellent and professional. The food is also the best of any panchakarma treatment I have taken. You aren't starved there. The menu changes daily and there is almost no kicheri! The doctor checks you EVERY morning, another first. Can not speak highly enough of my experience there. Would definitely return. Also excellent value for the euros spent.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank kbyoga
Reviewed July 9, 2017

This is an Ayurvedic hotel, that we stayed for a week. We booked it through Spa in Spain, but it will come up on various spa finder websites. It is hard to book through the hotel itself. It is an authentic Ayurvedic experience, with wonderful daily oil massages that are individually tailored for you through an appointment with an Indian Ayurvedic trained doctor. The surroundings are lovely, overlooking the ocean with flowering gardens and lawn loungers to relax. Food is vegetarian with a touch of Indian flavors. Great place to de-stress. It is not cheep but for what you get and compare to other spa weeks it is a great deal. Also you get to use their other 5 star hotel properties about a 5-10 min walk away at no extra cost - pretty pools overlooking the ocean, etc.

Room tip: all rooms have ocean views, but the suite did not have as good views of the ocean as the other rooms.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Panchakarma for 3 weeks,
1: The Ayurveda and Panachakarma is of very good quality, Treatment , massage, diagnostics all excellent.
2: Food as a Panchakarma ideal fit. Restaurant operation times is limited and short. Vegetarian only what works well for me.
3: Hotel, it fits the need of Ayurveda, though the quality of the hotel is by no means 4 *, reception closed many hours, no night shift, no service in the graden or are pads ..

I'd like to mention that there is not pool or Sauna etc in the Alpine. You have to walk 5 to 10 minutes and there are not very flexible on towels etc. If you intend to go for a nice walk of the road you might find it tricky as well.

There is a facility room to sit in the evening, though you can not sit there at certain times as the room is used for presentation, and classes on Ayurveda etc.

In essence Ayurveda and Panchakarma , Yoga, ChiGong is perfect. Hotel is nicely located. People and staff are very nice. Though the service and procedures are a bit rosty and aged and need some refurbishing.

Room tip: try to get rooms at the upper floors magnificent view .
Date of stay: May 2017