“Nice place to stay”

Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Check-in was prompt (probably owing to the fact we rolled in just after midnight). Room was nothing extraordinary but clean. Note that you have to pay extra for a room with a fridge and/or microwave. This property was close to Old Dominion and the athletic facilities were a quick trip down Hampton Blvd and a left onto 49th Street.

Bathroom was spotless. The towels here were the whitest I've seen in a long time at a chain hotel. So if bathroom and linen cleanliness is important to you, you'll be pleased.

The breakfast included in our room rate was plentiful and had a good selection. You could make your own waffles.

Good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife and I stayed one night and we were so impressed by the staff, polite and very helpfull. The room was spotless. The breakfast was out of this world.
Only drawbacks were no frig or microwave and a problem with hot water or lack of it. The young man who worked the desk that night made sure we were comfortable.
We have a Grandchild at ODU and it is nice to know in advance we know where to stay when visiting.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fred748
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This Hampton Inn's service is phenomenal! Staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating. High-five to Helen and Dominic! Unfortunately, the hotel itself is in desperate need of renovation. Though it appears that public areas have been upgraded, the rooms leave much to be desired. Upon walking into the room, I was greeted with the pungent smell of mildew. The room seemed stale and without proper ventilation. The mattresses were lumpy and in need of replacement, and the bedding held a faint odor as well. Sadly, the hotel windows didn't open. Lighting was poor, making it very difficult to utilize the work desk for much more than a luggage stand. The carpet was sprinkled with stains and had an overall darkened color, like it was weighted down with ground-in dirt. Thankfully, the bathroom was roomy and well lit, with plenty of bath linen. It was the most pleasant area in the room. Though my stay was bearable , I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Good Staff, Hotel is older but well maintained, pool and hot tub. Walking distance to several fast food restaurants and a ruby tuesday. Location is a plus if you are doing business in the Norfolk Naval Base.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

After a stay from HELL at another hotel...I checked in after telling the clerk of my nightmare she matched the rate I was paying with approval from her manager of course...My room was very clean..breakfast was great every morning. I felt like they went out of there way to make my extended stay as close to home as possible.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Woke up and went downstairs for breakfast- noticed a familiar looking car go past the window on a tow truck- it was mine!! Front desk said my car alarm was going off all night bothering people. They didn't know whose car it was and tried a few rooms to try to find out whose it was but gave up.

I'm not unreasonable and I understand why they would have it towed- if they hadn't taken my car info when I checked in! They even needed my license plate number! Why do they take this info if I am going to find out about an issue with my car by seeing it riding off on a tow truck. Morons.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel and we were not impressed. The staff were the only plus that we could see...They are very friendly and helpful which was nice. I got a little scared when I saw a sign on the front door that said you had to be buzzed in after 10pm which was for the hotel guests safety..The room was not as clean as I am used to from a Hampton Inn. The rug looked very worn and the bathroom toliet kept running all night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple