Review Highlights
Great music in a great venue

We recently traveled to Norfolk specifically to hear Carmina Burana and we were not disappointed... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2018
Jane T
Greensboro, Maryland
Terrific, excellent musicians!

stumbled into their concert in downtown Norfolk, (3/24) was very impressed, excellent musicians and... read more

Reviewed April 10, 2017

from US$78.48
from US$52.25
from US$59.83
More Info
All reviews chrysler hall downtown norfolk conductor performance joann audience performed concert soloist virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have seen many good orchestras and I rate the Virginia Symphony as one of the best. The strings at this concert were especially riveting.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Virginia symphony is very good and has a wide variety of concerts throughout the season. We especially enjoy the performances at Ferguson Center on the CNU campus. A relatively small and convenient venue.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I used to go all the time. My daughter even worked for them in sales. There is nothing to say but perfection at its finist. I love Symphony music and I love what they do with the instruments. It comes alive. And they can make music that anyone age can enjoy.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Incredible. Joanne Falatta is a godsend to this group, and to this area. She is unlike any other conductor I've ever seen — warm (she hugs every soloist), talented, and a great speaker.

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I took my young sons to the Up, Up, And Away performance at the Sandler Center and will definitely be planning to see another performance. The musicians are top quality, the conductor really engages the audience, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Be sure to arrive early to enjoy the pre-performance activities, including a chance for kids to play many instruments.