“I stay here often”

Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Ocean City, Maryland
“I stay here often”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Okay, let me simply say that the only inconveniences I could find on this stay were that my coffee pot was broken and the towel rack over the toilet was missing two of it's four bars (I could care less about the towel rack but I DO like a cup of coffee in the morning). The rooms are always clean and the staff helpful. Nice flat screens are in all of the rooms and the beds are quite comfortable.

I prefer to stay in this hotel the night before flying out of Norfolk Airport.

Room Tip: My preference is rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank robert c
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also sorry to see the slight issues that you you had during your stay and will definitely use this as a training tool to repair the issues at hand. As you may have noticed during your stay the hotel is going through some changes which we are all excited about here at the property. We hope to see you again in the future so you can enjoy our new and exciting changes this year! Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was by far the nicest Holiday Inn I have stayed at yet. I travel almost every week and stay at lots of different hotels. All Holiday Inns could learn from this one. My stay is paid for by my company and we are not always treated the same as other guests because of our reduced rate however this Holiday Inn treated me like I was a special guest the whole time. The staff was awesome, especially Lauren, the waitress in the restaurant. She remembered what I ordered and had it in the works before I got seated. I have no complaints whatsoever about this place. If I am back in the area I will stay there again with no hesitation. Fabulous!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank sat1922
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Holiday inn Norfolk Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us on your travels. We take great pride in our customer service and hotel and enjoy having guests enjoy the time they are with us at the hotel. We share all reviews with our staff, we will let Lauren know how much you enjoyed her service. We are striving to be the Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you when you are the Norfolk area next time!
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The hotel was great. Got there about noon and they let us in the room right away. They had a FREE shuttle so we took advantage of it to go out to eat for dinner. The next day we took the shuttle to the airport. The staff was wonderful and the room was really nice. They have a really good breakfast buffet also (my son got his breakfast free because he is in the Navy). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cindy C
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Norfolk. We take great pride in our guest experience and customer service. We are pleased to see the positive. Please come back and see us again in the future and again thank you for the kind words and positive feedback.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed only one night, beautiful place. Great room and beautiful decoration.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duckandme
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in making sure each guest enjoys thier experience with us here at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We hope to see you again in future travels and look forward to having you hopefully join us in 2012!
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I am so pleased with this hotel. Super modern, great room size, really warm pleasant energy, great convenient location, great staff. As a flight attendant that stays in hotels all the time this was the best of 2011. I can't recommend highly enough. Thank you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Ask. The front desk people are really interested in helping you get the best!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank lindsey b
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We really are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future and please keep us in mind in your travels. We have some very exciting things going on in 2012!
Milwaukee
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We just had our ship's reunion here and everything was just great. The hotel and staff knocked themselves out, to make us happy and supply anything we needed. I had read the reviews prior to going there and was quite concerned and found NOTHING that others had complained about.. Some airport noise , but it is Holiday Inn "Airport"...Donna Faison Sr. SAles Manager was there for anything we needed. The front desk was always willing to help with any little need. I thank them all.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Randy P
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Randy P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on here. It really makes our day to look at our listing and see a guest truly enjoying thier stay with us. I am glad the staff took care of you as well as Donna. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests here at Holiday Inn Norfolk. I will definately be sharing this review with them all! We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again and safe travels!
Toledo
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I honestly can't say enough about how great our stay was here. This was stop #3 on our family road trip. We thought we would save money and not stay on the beach. It is near the airport, but the noise was sporadic and really doesn't bother you. The service was EXCELLENT. Great lemonade and iced tea in the lobby during the day. Smiles every time we walked in (even though my family is loud and crazy... lol)

The rooms have a kitchenette in them - fridge with an actual separate freezer ( a BIG BIG plus), a microwave and even a small cabinet and countertop. With you are a family - this is a BIG $$ saver. Bring an electric skillet and you can make tacos in your room! lol Hey, we are poor, this is the only way we could swing a vacation.

Walmart is just down the street to get anything you need. Hotel is by the expressway to get to the beach easily. Zoo wasn't that far away.... and WHAT A ZOO! Best zoo I have ever been too! I live in Toledo, Oh - and we have a killer zoo - but I think this one tops it.

Beds were comfortable (I love Holiday Inn linens). Pillows awesome. The showers... wow. Great pressure. I had to yell at the kids to get the heck outta of them and quit hogging... lol Lots of bathroom counter space.

The pool is GREAT. It made the stay from good to great. An elevator right by it so you don't need to go through the lobby in your bathing suit. It has these wide steps going into the shallow end with a railing. My 4yr old loves this since he can't really swim. Get this - they have a freaken jacuzzi. Granted I could not get in it after I let myself get burnt on the beach, but it was so nice the first night. A little exercise room with water was available too.

The restaurant has a decent breakfast bar. We went there the last morning we were checked in. Love the waffle maker. Wish they had 'shrooms or cheese for the scrambled eggs.

OK - I can always find something that could be better, but it wasn't much: I had to call to get caffine coffee - room only had 3 decaffinated. The husband whined because it had a tube TV and not a flat screen. The pool area should have "rough" tiles - not smooth. My 4yr old slipped twice (no, he was not running) and fell. Eating at the restaurant can get expensive for a family with teens (which are always considered adults when you have to pay for them). Maybe offer a "breakfast family pack"? Really - these are little things. It was a GREAT stay. Stop #4 was Washington DC at the Regency Hyatt - and this hotel blew that one outta the water.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Zwomann
Hemerka, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
I am very happy with the fact you thought the hotel felt like home and as a side note we are installing flat screen 32 inch TV's in every room by 11/1/11.