“How is this place not packed out?!? ”

Sawasdee Thai Cuisine
Ranked #75 of 847 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Yes We served authentic Thai dish such as Basil stir fried, Padthai Noodles as well as Curries, and much much more at Sawasdee Thai Cuisine, Norfolk VA
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

I have found that I like Thai food this last year and a half. I haven't had Thai in a long time so I thought I would give them a shot.

Super clean. Super tasty. Great pricing. Super friendly. How??? How is this place not super busy??? If you think you like P.F. Chang's or whatever, COME HERE.

I had a delightful, delicious dinner :)

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

I don't know why this place isn't packed but it is the best Thai food I've ever had. It is not your run of the mill generate mega amounts of food place. My meal was individually cooked and seasoned to perfection, had appetizers and they were great also. Went with three others and they were happy too.The folks who run this place are professional, excellent and kind. I have read other reviews and am glad that I went there. If I'm in the area again, I will make a Bee line for it.

1  Thank Caylinsgranny
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Tom Ka
Lab ga
Pad Thai
Masaman Curry

Top notch food. Nice restaurant. Food came out quickly. Thai tea was sweet. Loved the seasoning on all the dishes.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Sawasdee. I learned about Sawasdee after asking a Thai friend what was the best Thai restaurant in the area. This is truly a mom and pop entity that is worth the trip. Once again using the old adage of "you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover" is applicable at Sawasdee. I enjoyed the green curry dish with shrimp ( you have a choice of chicken, beef , pork or shrimp from my recollection). Sawasdee offers delicious true Thai dishes. The restaurant is clean and the staff and family were friendly. I look forward to returning and checking out more meals.

1  Thank Joe V
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Norfolk on our way home from NYC. This restaurant had really good reviews. We got to our hotel at around 8:00 pm and wanted our teenagers to be able to use the pool so we ordered take-out. All of the noodle dishes had overcooked noodles which were very sticky. The drunken noodles had overcooked chicken and no flavor. The pad thai did have good flavor and the shrimp version had well cooked yummy shrimp. The best dish out of all we ordered was the orange chicken which had crunchy not overly breaded white meat strips with a delicious orange sauce on the side. I ordered the Thai custard which was bagged underneath the soup and broke. It looked disgusting. I didn't even open the container. I would pick a different restaurant if we come through the area again.