Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Norfolk
All reviews rose garden butterfly house tram ride christmas lights children's garden holiday lights full bloom free tram japanese garden beautiful flowers enchanted forest year round light display kids area splash pad different areas boat tour
Reviewed 2 days ago

A pleasant walk, a Tidewater tradition. Yet another thing to do with family at the holidays. About a mile walk among nicely laid out LEDs, a million of them apparently. The fantastic Virginia Symphony accompanies a portion of the walk with timed light show dancing with a selection from the Nutcracker.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Beautifully maintained botanical garden with lots to see and do. Fun and educational for the young and the young at heart. Easy walking paths are supplemented with trams to assist getting around the 175 acres of themed gardens. Great outdoor activity for a few hours or all day. Well worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We visited the Botanical Garden tonight to enjoy the "Million Bulb Walk" which is a light show. The tour is approximately a 2.5 mile walk if you go out and back. The light displays where fantastic with some of the displays being animated.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a beautiful place to show off the gardens. Not only do you have those flowers in bloom, norfolk botanical offers much more. With the Japanese Laterns exhibit, boatrides and the much annual traditional Christmas light display...you cant ask for more than that!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy the roses, and we're pleasantly surprised to see so many butterflies and indigenous plants in bloom as well

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a beautiful place to see and to take wedding photos. I enjoyed my walk through there. I would recommend anyone to come and visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to the Asia exhibit with a friend. It exceeded my expectations. I had seen pictures but the exhibits with so beautiful in person they were amazing. Also there with so many. You must have been about the 200m or and they all look beautiful from any angle. You can look it up on the internet. I would go back again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Didn't have enough time to breath in the beauty of all the gardens. So peaceful and well managed. Especially loved the interactive children's area

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My the Botanical Gardens have come a long way! Captivating adults and now children as well. These are the pictures from my phone but I got spectacular pictures of the orchids, kids playing at the water park downloaded to my computer. I love the backdrop everywhere you go there during this time of year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Early October isn't the optimal time to visit the garden, but we were in town attending a reunion. There was considerable "maintenance" going on. It was also 90 degrees, so we saw most of the garden via the half-hour tram tour, although we did walk the rose and Japanese gardens, and had a delightful lunch at the cafe. The children's garden and playground is a special touch for families with little ones.