“Beautiful place, great service, outstanding breakfast”
Review of Page House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Page House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have family in Norfolk so I stay at Page House Inn probably twice a year.

Every time I am happy I did.

The property is really terrific. Beautiful old house, in a perfect location. Very quiet little neighborhood, yet easy walk to downtown restaurants.

The breakfast here is outstanding. Usually these places just throw out some muffins and whatnot. Here every breakfast I've had has been terrific. Usually several choices of breakfast items, from pancakes to really complicated gourmet-type stuff.

The staff here is terrific. Very friendly, but not constantly cloying. They strike the right balance of interaction with guests.

The chocolate chip cookies left out in the common areas are top notch.

Take some time to just walk the neighborhood. Really a beautiful area, with some stunning houses.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here. Each is different.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SpartanJoe

Reviewed 20 April 2012

The other reviews of Page House Inn pretty much say it all--Debbie and her staff have thought of everything to make you comfortable and feel "at home", from parking behind the house to admiring the magnificent woodwork and furnishings to little touches everywhere--sherry in the early evening, freshly-baked cookies, chocolates everywhere, soft drinks and "crunchies" upstairs. She is a wonderful presence and hostess--breakfast was outstanding, particularly the freshly-prepared hot meal. The room we stayed in (Master Lawrie's room) was on the third floor and is perfectly fine. The suites seem even more impressive. You will enjoy the short walk to the Chrysler Museum and walking around the historic Ghent neighborhood. An outstanding way to enjoy a visit to Norfolk.

Room Tip: You won't go wrong with any room or suite in the house...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was my 4th trip to the Page House Inn and this time 12 friends went along with me! Debbie and staff could not have done more for us; we felt like we were in a home, not a vacation rental. Breakfasts were to die for and lunches were not needed! We basically took over the Inn and Debbie was fine with that. We so enjoyed our visit we have booked the Inn for the same weekend next year and everyone will return. That says it all.

Room Tip: The Bathe Suite is great for a couple, Miss Diane's Suite is good for more than one couple who w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was a return trip for us. It was too short but such a GREAT time! Our FAVORITE suite- the Bathe Suite is the room we always get. It's perfect for new love, honeymooners,reuniting etc. The BEST part about being here is, you really are made to feel like it's YOUR home while you are here. Debbie, if she is not out running errands usually greets you home and will check if you are thirsty/hungry or need absolutely anything. It's in an unexpected but wonderful location. It's great to walk the area and eat at one of the local restaurants but if that's not your thing, there are many places to eat within a five mile radius. The breakfast is to die for; Debbie seems to come up with menu items we NEVER had and they are absolutely out of this world delicious! They are constantly updating/renovating it making it better and better each time we return. They love "hosting" and it shows! We will vacation here again and if you are going to be in town you should definitely consider it over any hotel/motel in the area.

Room Tip: The Bathe Suite is the way to go for all the lovers out there. It has the privacy and amenities you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I actually did not stay in this place, but my friend did, but I met Debbie the innkeeper. She gave us a tour of the house. It's a beautiful bed and breakfast. Very clean, gorgeous rooms, very luxurious. I fell in love with the lone standing 18th century tub in one of her rooms, very romantic and relaxing. She said this place is one of the oldest homes in historic Norfolk. Would definitely stay here next time i'm in town. She is very hospitable, friendly, reliable, and made the home very homey. Great location too, 20 min away from Virginia Beach, next to downtown Norfolk and Naval museum.

Room Tip: I'm not sure about the rate, but the first floor room with the tub looked great!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here on a business trip recently, and was overwhelmed by the quality and comfort of the Page House Inn. Every amenity (including wi-fi) that a luxury hotel could provide, plus the personal service offered by Debbie, the innkeeper. A lavish breakfast and nearby excellent restaurants (some within a short walk) made this B&B in Norfolk's downtown Ghent district a first-rate choice for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Page House Inn last night (9/24/11). We highly recommend this B & B to those staying in the Norfolk area. Debbie was very welcoming. She made us feel right at home.

The house is absolutely gorgeous. Everywhere we looked, there were nice touches. The woodwork throughout made it feel so homey. The fireplaces were all different and fun to look at. The windows were huge and beautifully decorated. The staircases were beautifully detailed.

In one parlor, we could sit and enjoy a glass of cold lemonade with cookies or a glass of sherry. In another parlor, we could sit and enjoy a glass of port. We were welcome to help ourselves to the many candy dishes not only downstairs, but in our room and common areas on the 2nd and third floors. There were treat baskets here and there as well as water bottles and wine to choose from.

We stayed in the Mr. Herman room. I don't ever recall seeing such a huge bed in my life! And was it ever comfortable! My husband and I felt like a King and Queen sleeping on such a bed! The bathroom had a good-sized jacuzzi tub. There were extra towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup remover towels, and a hairdryer! I cannot think of a thing they didn't think of to make one feel at home.

The breakfast was very, very tasty. Debbie made an oh-so-yummy french toast, bacon, and hashbrowns for me. My husband enjoyed eggs, toast, and hashbrowns. The breakfast was made to order. In addition to that, she offered a sideboard full of fruits, yogurts, muffins, bagels, granolas, pastries, oatmeal, juices, coffee, teas, and hot cocoa. I am sure I left some things out. If anyone leaves hungry in the morning, it's their own fault!

I give this place a 5 out of 5. I will definately plan a return visit when I am in that area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
0.8 km away
0.4 km away
Freemason Inn Bed & Breakfast
8.5 km away
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Been to Page House Inn? Share your experiences!