All reviews chrysler museum fantastic bed and breakfast great hosts glass studio room suite first floor a wonderful stay we've stayed bed was very comfortable three nights bathe debbie sherry ghent virginia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Page house in the Ghent district of Norfolk was exactly what we were lookng for. Walkng distance to our destinations,comfortable and freindly.

The bedrooms are large, comfortable and well appointed. Two parlors and other sitting areas have snacks, soft drinks, water, and fruit.

Off sreeet parking rounds out the conveniences that this B&B offers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed in B&Bs around the world and this is the best.The location is excellent- delightful neighborhood and close to the wonderful Chrysler Museum. The grounds are beautifully manicured and perfectly frame the charming and impressive brick home. Debbi welcomes you and makes you feel as if you are her favorite guest-ever! Tea, lemonade, cookies, and sherry in the afternoon. Fruit, cold drinks and chocolates always available. A snack basket in the room and a breakfast spread-worth waking up for! Loved the French toast and mini cinnamon rolls. Large, well appointed room with comfortable, king size bed. Great front porch with potted ferns and flowering pots-lovely spot to enjoy a 5 o'clock glass of sherry and unwind from the day's activities. Simply the best of the best.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trejustcom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

the owner, who formerly worked in the place, is a piece of art. never been welcomed like this : it feels like you are old friends coming back after a few years at her place, really really warm, spontaneous. the inside is wonderfull, breakfast is great and as she welcoms you this way, other guests behave as old friends too. conversation is fluent, natural, simple.....
best B and B experience of this trip. she can listen to what you are looking for to send you to the places we really enjoy. we'd really to go back in this area just to spend more time there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've managed to find a room a day before traveling. Debbie was very welcoming and gracious. I wish i had a longer stay to enjoy the area better. The room was really nice, the bed was huge and really comfortable, acomodations so much more personable than a hotel at a much lower price. The inn is in Norfolk and the vacation was planned for Virginia Beach but i do not regret booking the room even thou the drive was about 30 min. The inn is close to I264 which is a straight drive to VB.
I just have to say this! The breakfast was awsome. The snacks i had before eatting the actual meal seem to be homemamde and made me remember the cookies and cakes my grandma used to make. I had some wonderful french toast with grits and i had to shove most of it in feeling bad to leave such a wonderful food on the plate (i was stuffed by the time i had half of it). The innkeeper Debbie is very friendly and takes the effort to know everybody's names (which is hard, i know, i work in customer service).
I'll keep this area in mind for a quiet vacation in the future and i'll make sure i have more time to enjoy the area and the inn.

Room Tip: I had one of the smaller rooms (i believe) but it was spacious and had anything needed. I believe you'll enjoy your vacation regardless of the room you book
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoxanaP483
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This establishment received rave reviews on line so decided to give it a go when in the area attending a graduation. First, we arrived "too early" but the room had not been in use for 2 days prior. Were allowed to enter room and it was somewhat less than what we had anticipated. Yes, the furniture was antique and the bed HUGE but some of the chairs had stains and the bathroom had hair in the tub (not ours). Had to be up early (prior to regular breakfast hours) and when told inn keeper she said "I have to be up for a doctor who is staying here so you are in luck I will make you breakfast as well." This left us to believe that if he was not staying there we would have been on our own (we were not special enough.) When we returned from graduation large contingent from Museum staying there and took over house. We felt unwelcome and went straight to room. Next AM at breakfast some of this contingent down, us, one single person staying and inn keeper had lovely spread of continental out and was cooking breakfast choices as well. Said to us "let me get you fed so I can take care of these folks." During both breakfast conversations overhead that doctor was getting "hospital rate" and museum goers "museum rate" while we paid full rate. Breakfast was good and plentiful but we were glad to leave. Good parking situation.

Room Tip: If inn is full with large contingents, the common rooms are not for your use. Room quiet. Snacks spread all over and supposed lemonade and cookies in parlor in afternoon, but room full so who knows. If stairs a problem, stay on first floor, if not all rooms seem to be about the same in noise level and accommodations.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple