“Truly Fine Experience”
Review of Page House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Page House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Norfolk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I wanted a place in the Ghent neighborhood and this B&B was right there, next to the Chrysler Museum and also easy walking distance to many places in the Freemason neighborhood. In fact, I'd say it was a little more convenient to the attractions across the footbridge and up on Granby Street, versus the 21st Street strip and beyond.

The neighborhood around the B&B was lovely and you could spend all day just admiring the architecture as you walked around the tree-lined streets. The B&B itself has been restored in every detail, with Victorian-period antiques and polished woodwork. The owner tries to keep the theme going with Port/Sherry canisters on hand and lemonade in the afternoons to sip as you rock in the chairs out front.

They kept the rooms clean and tidy, and allowed for guests to really use the parlor areas and the garden/terraces. The breakfast was substantial - your choice of latte or regular coffee, plenty of fresh fruit pastries and a choice of two hot cooked breakfasts in the morning. The proprietor and her staff also enjoyed talking with folks and discussing the local area. And they were very nice about letting me bring a visitor for breakfast one morning.

I stayed in the Percy Room, which is one of the less expensive rooms on the third floor up in the corner - it was quiet, private and well-appointed. But since heat rises, especially in a heat wave, it was warmer than the rooms on the first and second floors. The windows are not meant to be opened, in part because they do not have screens (so if you do open them, you are letting yourself in for some non-paying visitors and also letting the cooler air out). I kept the fan going and was comfortable. I also spent more time away from the room - I enjoyed one later evening reading in the parlor and sipping Sherry.

Norfolk has a surprising variety of things to do, all within walking distance of this B&B. I wandered across the street to the local river/bay-fed pond called the Hague and sailed a remote-controlled ship and borrowed a kayak for a quick paddle up to the riverfront and the "Wisconsin." I ate dinner a short walk away at some fine restaurants. There were people on hand for a concert that weekend, others dropping off college kids, someone interviewing at the hospital, and even some honeymooners. It was a really mixed bag. There was a Caribbean Festival in the waterfront park. I also noted that there was a truly nice shopping mall within walking distance and on the tram line.

I cycled around and the owner let me keep my bike in their work area so it stayed dry during the summer thunder boomers. Although Norfolk is not as cycle-friendly as other cities and I had no access to an actual bike trail, they appear to be building cycle lanes on the streets and encouraging cycling. Which really makes sense since this is a flat place. What would really be great is if they would invest in a direct cycle route between Virginia Beach and Norfolk! Well maybe in a few years. In the meantime, enjoy Norfolk and this B&B.

Room Tip: The lower floors are more expensive and likely for good reason - it is a climb to the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Matollygirl

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Wow!, as a prior manager of a B&B I know what to look for and what to expect. The Page House Inn exceeds all expectations. Debbie the owner and Kim her assistant are very friendly and helpful. The house itself is a beautiful 117 year old mansion with detail paid to each room. It is the little touches that make the difference, such as chocolates, cookies, lemonade, sherry and port welcoming us in the downstairs parlors. Hard candies, bagged snacks, water and sodas are found in the suites. Breakfast is amazing with nothing left out. The area is residential and safe and the off-street parking is very welcome. The Page House Inn warrants a return visit.

Room Tip: It really depends upon what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We were in the Tidewater area to attend a wedding in nearby Ghent and with a reception next door at the Chrysler Museum. Although most attendees stayed out at the beach in pricey national-brand hotels, we chose the Page House Inn based upon consistently positive reviews, and our experience was consistently Excellent! Debbie & Kim were tireless in making sure our stay was top-notch, with friendly hospitality and a superb breakfast served each morning. We stayed in the Master Percy room on 3rd floor; at 6' the shower was a little tight for me, but otherwise everything was perfect. I'd return there without hesitation, and I write this as someone who travels a fair bit for work but with little B&B experience. From now on, I'll hope to match our experience at the Page House on future trips.

Room Tip: Shower in Master Percy suite is tight if you're 6' or taller
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016

After searching for a hotel room, we decided to try a B&B although that is not what we usually do. I came across The Page House Inn and based on the reviews, decided to give it a try. From the phone call to the end of our stay it was a pleasurable experience all the way! First it is a great location...across the street from the Chrysler Museum and within walking distance to the Light Rail. Second, from the minute you drive in, you will notice the attention to detail and the well maintained grounds. The same inside, everything is well maintained, exquisitely decorated and we were greeted in a friendly manner. Our room was well appointed and comfortable. Yummy snacks are placed everywhere which makes for a very inviting and comfortable setting. Breakfast was served professionally and beautifully!

Room Tip: In the summer the lower rooms have better A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DPWebb
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We have wanted to visit the Chrysler Museum for several years but had not gotten to it. Imagine our delight when we discovered the Page House Inn was right next door. Beautifully restored and managed buy the owner, Debbie, It was a real pleasure to check into the Bathe Suite. Breakfast was very nicely prepared to order and served. It was pleasant just to sit on the front verandah and just use a rocking chair. There is sherry and various snacks placed out for the occupants creature comforts. All in all, it could not have been nicer.

Room Tip: The only room on the first floor is the Bathe Suite
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2016

My Wife and I stayed at the Page House B&B during a June music festival at Town Point Park in Norfolk, Virginia. ( .9 mi away ... a safe and pleasant walk )
The restoration of the 1890s house was done to perfection. The owner, Debbie was helpful and instantly gave us a sincere feeling of being welcome. Rooms, bath, living rooms, and hallways were filled with extras that you will NEVER find even in an upscale hotel. Also... an excellent value in a quiet historical section of Norfolk...

Room Tip: We had the 3rd floor Percy room. ....other options may be availableif you have physical limitations...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

The house itself is well located in the Ghent neighborhood close to downtown Norfolk. The room was adequate and the house was well maintained. The breakfast selection was OK and the quality was good but nothing special. The proprietor was friendly but we did not like the fact that as soon as we arrived we were hit with a list of do's and don'ts-mainly don't's. Then when you go to your room, the rules are again posted in a frame. A little much, I think. We had the room on the third floor and due to slant of the roof, it is easy to hit your head in the shower .... and I'm not very tall. Also, the ledge to step into the shower is a bit high.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joeF_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
1.2 km away
1.3 km away
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
7.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport

Been to Page House Inn? Share your experiences!