“Salad bar heaven”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #76 of 847 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 22, 2018

Oh yeah......the salad bar was just what I needed and so many great options. All the usual and then unusual and some surprises on it too.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We arrived between 5:00 and 6:00 pm. The staff greeted us enthusiastically and the restaurant was about 10% full. We requested a table instead of a booth. We were seated next to the bar. I was not happy with our table location only one patron was at the bar so I thought it would not be too loud. I also thought that the only tables might be in the bar. If this is true, we should have been informed. This was the first visit to the Norfolk location; we live 4 hours away. Our server was David B. He was professional, knowledgeable of the menu and well poised. I believe he was also working the bar. Our meal was excellent. My guest ordered the smokey mountain chicken with the garden bar and unsweetened iced tea. I ordered a classic Rita and David asked if I would like to upscale to a large for $1.00; I agreed. I ordered the full rack of ribs with the garden bar and water.
Our beverages were refilled promptly. Our entrees arrived when I was only half through with my salad bar. This was a disappointment as meal pacing is very important to me as I am a slow eater. The smokey mountain chicken was prepared perfectly and tasted delicious. The salad bar had everything I wanted, but my guest said that he was disappointed that there was no carrot salad. He remembered having carrot salad at our Ruby Tuesdays. My salad bar was perfect and my ribs were good. I found them to have too much sauce, but I was able to scrape most of it off to my satisfaction. We both ordered desserts to take with us. The chocolate fall cake and the pineapple upside down cake were both delicious. Unfortunately, we could not rate our experience as excellent (5 stars) because out table location was as if we were seated in the employee lounge. Until 6:00 pm, there were four employees standing at the bar, checking their cell phones and talking loudly to one another and one person seated at the bar. They spoke of work situations, schedules, and the activities they had planned while not at work. This too made our experience less than 4 stars.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

After arriving into ORF and meeting up with family at the Outlet Mall, we wanted to grab a bite to eat so we found this Ruby Tuesday. The restaurant was very nice looking and staff was friendly and helpful. We were a larger party with 6 adults and 1 baby so we can understand that it could be challenging to serve all of us, but we were surprised that it took quite long to get our food and there were some things missing. This could be because it was a Sunday afternoon, but not sure. In any event, it wasn't bad - just could have been better.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Ruby Tuesday is always reliable. Ordered online, picked up shortly after. Bartender was very pleasant when delivering the food. Parking lot looked full, but there were a lot of empty seats inside. Would go back.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

An average restaurant with average service that was almost empty. My salad came out with brown edged lettuce - one of my meal triggers. The waitress was nice but had made the salad at the salad bar. I had a half rack of ribs that were overcooked with fries that were cold. My table was wobbly and I asked to move. I would not recommend and will not return on future trips