All reviews swimming pool breakfast room is golden ring one night lovely hotel several items comfortable bed small town main building statues complex tavern moscow centre maintenance lock century
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We only spent one night here after the hustle and bustle of the major cities. The grounds are lovely and our check in was fine, probably helped by our guide being with us for this.

The rooms are huge, as is the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and it is quiet and peaceful on the property.

Having read the other reviews before going, we were surprised at how large the selection was at breakfast, even though much was not to our normal diet likings. The breakfast room is quite large, which helped due to a large group of Chinese tourists that day.

We were sorry to leave after only one night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We stayed 4 nights at the Art Hotel, got off to a rough start as the hotel internet was down for about 30 hours or so (except for a few minutes) so that was quite annoying to say the least as I have business to attend to. The only other gripe was the mattress on our beds were very curved from use - so they should have been replaced awhile ago, imo.

Besides those faults the hotel overall is beautiful - very quiet - good breakfast - Swimming pool/Sauna definately the best part of the hotel - 5 Stars for that - best swimming pool I've seen in a hotel by a very long shot.

We enjoyed our 4 day stay in Suzdal very much - it is a very beautiful city with many interesting things to see. 4 days was enough thou for us, I think we saw most of what there was to see so longer would have been a bit on the boring side.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are very beautiful with large spaces and a sophisticated decoration.
The different corpus give the hotel a look of village, very clean with sculture art and nice gardens. Very peacefull.
Near each corpus have its own sauna, billard room and sometimes swimming pool.
The sport central building, is fully equiped for all sort of sport, including a large swimming pool at 28 celsius. Perfect !
Employees are nice, customer oriented.
Restaurant and breakfast are a bit under the global level of the hotel.
For restaurant, there is a lot in the city so you can choose others, for breakfast, something a bit more intimistic and less « industrial » should improve the concept.
But, we have to say that even like that we liked this hotel.
It is a good place to stay in Suzdal.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2018

This hotel is an interesting complex that would make a fantastic destination wedding where all the guests can stay in different little multi room buildings. It's gated with a security guard so only guests wander the rather extensive property. My room was a standard room in building 6 where reception and the breakfast buffet was. It was quiet and I really appreciated being able to open the window all night and not hear traffic. My room faced south and so was very dark but the lighting was good and you hardly noticed it was artificial when turned on during the middle of the day. As others have pointed out, the buffet breakfast was particularly uninspiring and rather below par for a property of this caliber.

Two interesting points: Firstly the in-room safe instructions aren't accurate (in either Russian or English it would seem) and neither I nor my travelling friends could get it to work (they locked their passports in by accident and had to get the hotel management to get the door open. Even the management were unable to explain how to properly lock the safes). Secondly, there are gas masks provided in every room. Rather confronting!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Stayed here two nights when touring the golden ring. We booked a suite because it was only £105 a night and thought may as well go big. We weren’t disappointed, we had a large living room, a good sized bedroom with a king bed and a well appointed bathroom. Everywhere was very clean and standard high, as good as pretty much any hotel I’ve stayed in. If you are of that mindset there are also a lot of sports facilities including pool though we kept away. Water was hot and WiFi hit 30mbps once we got on which was a bit challenging if you have a non Russian phone.

Breakfast was the only reason I didn’t go 5 stars, on our first morning the hotel was quiet and the breakfast was sparse to say the least, my usual oatmeal did exist but was cold. On the second day it was busier so there was more choice but it was still well below the standard of the rest of the hotel. Sort that out and I would happily spend a lot more time here. I think this is really a venue for very big weddings that also does rooms when there isn’t on, this means the grounds are really well kept with a very diligent and talented groundsman.

Room Tip: Suite in building 7 was brilliant.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple