All reviews stay there again air con across the road sea bars receptionist english spain
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Basic but very clean. I agree there is some degree of noise but I wore my Hush Plugz ears plugs which helped immensely. The hotel is very close to the beach and you can park on the street nearby or pay to use the underground car park. This is very good value for money and I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2013
4  Thank KJW51
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms are basic but clean and the staff are friendly. However, the walls are very thin and you can almost hear a pin drop next door. Our first night wasn't too bad but on the 2nd, due to the amount of 'chatting' going on at gone 2 in the morning I had to knock on their door, no answer but everything did quieten down so that we could sleep. However, the 3rd night was very bad, on the other side this time and, although my husband banged on the wall and shouted for them to be quiet, nothing changed. So, he left the room to go to reception to complain (the 'phone was 'dead') but the night man was just coming down the corridor so he was told and, we believe, contacted the room. A little quieter for about 10 minutes then got louder and louder. Finally, not long before about 4 a.m. their visitors left and we could get some sleep. The reception staff knew about the problem the next morning and said that they would be speaking to those concerned again.
Meals were very good, although we had to go to their 'sister' hotel about 100 metres away.

Room tip: Walls are very thin and therefore the rooms can be noisy if your neighbours are not considerate.
Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank Carole S
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had a few days in Mojacar and had trouble finding a place to stay that was reasonably priced - then I came across the Virgen Del Mar. The hotel is centrally located near bars and restaurants without the noise. It is right opposite the Red Cross on the Beach. It is spotlessly clean, good quality bed linen great air conditioning and you dont need to worry about soap or shower gel etc even the room safe is free!

Oh and nearly all rooms have a view of the Sea!

Will definitely stay here again and again!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Leicesterlads
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed there a few weeks ago and will be back for another visit next week!! Great rooms.. sea views... Spotlessly clean.. Staff that would grace a far supirior hotel.. We Will be going back for as long as they will take our bookings..

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank brizulphil
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Booked for 4 nights on the recommendation of a family member.
The hostel side of the hotel was quiet at the time of my visit. The room was twin bed and spotlessly clean and cleaned daily. Sea view from the balcony. Good WiFi as well.
I chose the breakfast option when I booked and this is taken in the main hotel.

Date of stay: May 2011