See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Arrived at 3am after a long delay at gatwick to be told that the hotel was over booked and that they did not have a room for me and my two children. The night porter did not speak any english so was unable to explain to me what was going to happen. He very kindly got hold of a german guy on the phone to talk to me, but unfortunatey my german is worse than my spanish so i was none the wiser. I was very fortunate to have family living in cala ratjada, who translated for me in the end. The hotel wanted to send me to another hotel that was not in cala ratjada. This was not acceptable as i went to cala ratjada for a reason, to visit family and friends. That night we had to stay with family, and the next day go back to the hotel and sort out a room. we did manage to get a room the next day, but im not so sure it would have been so easy if i didn't have spanish relatives. There was no apology. I had booked a triple room and was put into a double with camp bed. What more can i stay, the rest of the holiday was ok. Whilst there, there were many many more guests that arrived with no availability at the hotel, the reception area could get quiet lively at times!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank hazelmclean
Reviewed September 1, 2007

we were double booked when we arrived,even though we had booked in February! Seven of us including my 87 y.o. disabled mum
[in wheelchair] and 2 young children 3 y. o. and 8 y. o. put up in
neighbouring hotel for one night and were allocated rooms the next day at the Clumba. We did not get the rooms we had paid for
and my mum was allocated a single room with a back street view
and not the double room with sea view that she had paid for.Receptionist dealt with the problem with a shrug of her shoulders and a take it or leave it response.She was obviously hardened to the problems as we witnessed several pre-booked customers being turned away in the same manner during our stay! We were apalled

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Vacation from 14th April – 23 April
We arrived in palma at 10:30pm in the evening and drove ourselves in our hired car to the east side of the island (cala ratjada) arriving at 1:30am

the directions where pretty accurate, although parking at the hotel is VERY limited. The nightclerk checked us in and went out of his way to make us feel welcome and even went into the closed kitchen to make us a late night snack plate.

The first broom closet we stayed in wasn't the best room, but we changed to another room the following night, which was far better. The rooms are cosy, and typical for a holiday resort (kettle, hairdryer ETC). The food served was quite delicious but the strict dining times can be a bit of a bother, and the head waiter(?) sticks to these times without giving an inch. The staff were pleasant and the hotel was nice and clean. the main shopping area is bit of a walk away but well worth it for the explorer in you.

There is a pub directly opposite the hotel and i would recommend a walk along the seafront and stop at one of the restuarants there.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anton C
Reviewed January 29, 2007

My father loves this hotel - he stayed there twice last year and is booked for a month in April.

It has a mostly German clientele, but he likes the "special" attention he gets for being English! He thinks the food is exellent, likes the resort and has made friends amongst the locals.

The last time he visited he was overbooked the first night (this was in September), but as they moved him to a 5* hotel for the night he wasn't to upset!

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank donsyb
Reviewed September 13, 2006

Despite booking this hotel in November for a stay in August we were told on arrival that we had been moved to another hotel for two nights. We were promised compensation by giving us drinks with our evening meal but then this was reduced and there was nothing we could do about it. We asked why we were over booked as I had telephoned the hotel and checked the booking but the receptionist said this happens every year in July and August. No one apologised at all! We were holidaying with friends as despite them booking through a different agency to us they were also over booked for 2 nights.
The hotel was a good standard for it's 3 stars. The staff were very good, the rooms were very clean and the food was excellent. There were problems with the hotel plumbing as at peak times there was no water for the shower and when we did have water it could not drain away quick enough and we were stood in a bath of dirty water.
We were the only English in the hotel for the whole 10 days but that was a pleasant change. I would stay at this hotel again but not peak season as I would not want to have to move again due to overbooking as I felt like I lost 2 days of my holiday and the Hotel Lux where they sent us was a very poor substitute.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family