Stayed at the Viva Mallorca for 4 nights with my partner and our 2 year old son. We chose to stay half board in a 1 bed apartment.
On arrival, I was disappointed that we had to take our own luggage to our room which was at the far end of the resort. For a 4* hotel, this wasn't good, and I have to say didn't make the best first impression.
However, once we got to our room, I was pleased. It was a good size, nice and clean, with a useful small kitchen area.
The facilities in the hotel were good - the playground for the kids was great and my son loved playing there. The pools were also lovely, albeit freezing - I have to admit to only braving it in a couple of times. My son found them too cold and refused to get in the bigger pool with me - there were quite a lot of other children in the pool looking quite blue and teeth chattering!
The entertainment was okay, not too intrusive but there for you to get involved with if you wanted to. The kids disco in the evening was very popular.
The food was pretty average - nothing wrong with it exactly just not the best. When you're catering for the volume of people they do, I know it must be hard to produce quality food, however I have experienced far better food at large AI hotels before so its definitely possible. The salads and deserts were nice, but the main meals a bit hit or miss. Breakfast also wasn't great - the sausages were radioactive, the beans horrid, and the bacon clearly the cheapest nastiest bacon around (and I don't think I'm fussy at all - I love bacon!).
As others have said, the resort mainly has German guests. Whilst it wasn't really an issue, it did mean that it was hard to get chatting to people round the pool or at dinner etc and also that most things were focused on them (e.g. entertainment, language abilities of staff etc).
The hotel is very much a family hotel, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to have stayed there just as part of a couple. I'm also pleased we stayed there slightly out of high season, as it was still quite busy but I can imagine at full capacity it would've been a bit too much.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Viva Mallorca, there were just small things that could've been better which would've made a big difference - and made it great.
I would stay there again however, I don't think we'll be rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location, services, facilities and gastronomy are the features which make the Viva Mallorca hotel the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable holidays with your family or couple in Can Picafort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zafiro Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Mallorca Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Mallorca Aparthotel Hotel
- Zafiro Mallorca Ca'n Picafort, Majorca, Spain