We went here in the end of October, but the weather was really nice. We've booked through Booking.com and asked for an upgrade to a privilege apartment. This upgrade means you get a ground floor poolside apartment with a private garden and two very luxurious sunbeds. The upgrade cost 25 euro a day and was worth the money.
The apartment was spacious and very clean, but it had somehow a damp smell inside. We complained about this and the reception staff said the damp smell was caused by not using the apartment during a week. After activation of the airconditioning and heating the smell disappeared, but the mattresses were not completely fresh. There was a connecting door in our apartment (nr. 1003)
The kids liked the shallow swimmingpool with pirateship and slides a lot, but they could not play long in the water because the water was very cold. The biggest pool in the complex was very shallow ( 70 cm, 90 cm and 120 cm deep) and very cold. Adults can swim in a pool 1.50 m deep in the adult-only area with four-poster beds. There is free wifi near the reception but it is troublesome.
I think the complex will be very crowded in high season because there are 200 apartments and the complex to attract only families with small children. During our stay there were lots of German guests and Dutch guests (It was a Dutch schoolholiday).
The apartments are not near the beach. Can Picafort is a seventies resort, but you can walk nicely on the Son Serra grounds. At the Rancho Can Picafort you can make a 3 hour horseridingtrip ( 40 euro) on the Son Serra grounds with a stop in San Serra the Marina, in our case with a native speaking instructor.
The multilingual miniclub was good with about 4 hours entertainment per day. The adult entertainment was average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viva Mallorca & SPA is the ideal solution for families and couples looking for a first-class holiday in the north of the island. This Aparthotel in Can Picafort has it all: modern facilities designed to offer maximum comfort; a fully equipped and refurbished Spa with sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, indoor pool, aromatic showers and Scottish showers, a pebble pool and a massage service; large gardens and sun terrace with a general pool, a children’s pool with games and a Pirate Boat, and an exclusive chill-out pool with Balinese sunbeds; spectacular, spacious rooms with every amenity; buffet style and "a la carte" restaurants where you can enjoy the most varied and succulent cuisine. Above all, in Viva Mallorca & SPA guests are guaranteed top-notch service and a program of activities to suit the holidays of the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Viva Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Mallorca Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Mallorca Aparthotel Hotel
- Viva Mallorca Ca'n Picafort, Majorca, Spain