“Lovely food and service ”
Review of Melis

Melis
Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Cala Bona
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Always love visiting Melis each time we are in Cala Bona. The food is always nice and staff are very friendly. Perfect place to sit on a lunch time looking out to sea

2  Thank Laura G

Reviewed January 12, 2018

I have come here since I was born up until i was 11, haven't been back in 13 years. And was great to come back and see the place. Food was as good as I remember! The cocktails I have been waiting years to come back and try were not a let down!! Can't wait to come back again this year! Would recommend to anyone, lovely place inside and gorgeous views by the sea can't go wrong!!

2  Thank KiraB99
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Back again in Cala Bona and as we always do visit Melis, this year it was mid October and the resort a little quieter than my previous visits.
love to sit and watch the boats go in and out of Cala bona harbour. No meals this time only a drink or coffee.
hope to be back next year.

2  Thank Cameron B
Reviewed October 28, 2017

First of all, upon picking up the menu it should have been obvious that this was not going to be the best place to eat. However, it's nicely placed on the seafront and seemed reasonably popular, if not heaving.
Back to the menu. The loosely laminated, heavily Microsoft Word imaged pages screamed 'cheap'. The prices however didn't match. The quite possibly hundreds of dishes on offer should also have made us wonder how one person in a small 'kitchen' woud manage to provide all that?

The answer was simple and it was announced with each ping of the microwave. I had battered cod with chips and mushy peas. The cod was a reformed triangle of 'fish' covered in a 'sprayed on at the factory' batter which was then cooked to destruction and best suited to wear as replacement shoe soles. It was hot though, unlike the cold plate that it was served on.
The chips were a tough, chewy, tepid version of fried potato that I haven't encountered before. The mushy peas were launched from a can and presumably missed any heating process on the way.
My wifes whitebait were rock hard fish 'carrots' with a smear of alledged batter in places. No evidence of taste or texture.
My father in laws steak was at least edible, but the accompanying objects on the plate were not.
My mother in laws cod and chips faired no better than mine, so at least Melis are consistant.
The house red was possibly decanted from the vinegar bottle by mistake, it was virtually undrinkable. Even my bottled San Miguel had a soapy taste once poured into the glass.
The remote attitude of the waiter/owner or whatever he was, didn't encourage any dialogue. The menu was presented and removed once our 'choice' was made without courtesy. We were never once asked if the meal was OK, which is a pretty standard exchange throughout the world.
Had I been on my own or just with my wife, I would have left before eating, but in a group I didn't want to upset the evening. I didn't know that we all felt the same!
In a nutshell, the Subway that we had at Palma airport was superior in every way to the food on offer here.

1  Thank myownview
Reviewed October 19, 2017

We wold call in for coffee most evening. Freindly and relaxed atmosphere.

We were in the Hotel next door so did not have a meal there many did and all seemed happy with the service and meals on offer.