All reviews sister hotel air con the bus nice hotel central location nice balcony el arenal cleaned every day plenty of choice palma airport stayed for nights receptionist fridge mallorca channels promenade
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

The Amic Gala is a great hotel with fantastic staff ideally situated approx 75 yards from Ca'n Pastilla's fantastic beach and all amenities. I was here for the Mallorca marathon and couldn't have chosen better as have used Amic hotels recently. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the superior room I used was huge and very well equipped. As I said earlier the staff were first class.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Mister_V_1959
Reviewed October 21, 2015

I was moved to the Gala from the Miraflores on my last night due to system booking error. Although I had enjoyed a sea view superior room at the Miraflores, I knew I wouldn't have that at the Gala due to it's location.

I was given the key to room 305 and proceeded with my belongings to my room. After inserting the card key a few times and trying the door handle, to my horror, the door was opened from the inside by a woman with a concerned look on her face. I mumbled my apology and returned to the front desk. After a sincere apology from the clerk, I was given the key to room 405.

The room was clean with a double bed. The bathroom was well-appointed with the shower offering good water pressure. The other part of the room overall reminded me of an office with a strange brick wall, small table and chairs and nothing else. It has the air of a room that is 'work-in-progress'. A bare light fitting on the wall, hideous picture and wires connecting the tv stretched over the mirror did nothing to enhance the room.

Despite the heavy balcony doors being fully closed, the traffic noise below was extremely intrusive.

With regards to the TV, I was unable to use it as it kept asking me for a code to view any channels which made it useless. As i was only there for one night, I didn't bother reporting it.

The breakfast was wholly adequate with something to please everyone.

Room tip: Get a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the gardens
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Emergency booking for a impromptu call in Palma, everything near the local hospital booked so took a chance on this place in Can Pastilla, what a surprise for the money it was actually quite pleasant with lovely staff and cleaners etc, typical Spanish type hotel with basic provisions but value for money. Please dont bother with the breakfast very poor, cold food inc beans etc unedible and the staple coffee and orange Juice was undrinkable- What an absolute shame as it could of been good with plenty of choices in all other breakfast areas. Parking an issue as no real grounds to the hotel just street front, found the hire car with damage on two days. The whole area was a nightmare for parking and think lots of cars left by long term annual ex pats.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Booked direct over the i/net supposedly at sister hotel in Palma where we had stayed before and must have pressed the wrong key because we ended up in Can Pastilla at the Gala. Two four foot singles in the bedroom/aircon and fridge.Comfortable enough but not posh by any means.Street parking nearby.
Budget it is (but so is the sister hotel in Palma so we knew roughly what to expect) but it is also very well positioned in a very nice beach side resort with very helpful friendly staff and a very interesting and comprehensive choice for breakfast! Very few Brits in the hotel but quite a civilised generally older group of Germans/Dutch/Spanish.
Would go again quite happily!

Room tip: Rooms around the garden/courtyard were very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2015

We stayed for a week, booked the superior double room - this included price of the safe which would have been 21 euros, so worth it - nice big room, (room 212) overlooking garden area. Good air con.
Very clean - maid service every morning - they even changed the shower curtain half way through the week!
Friendly staff.
Breakfasts were excellent! such a wide range of food - never seen such a big cake selection! All the usual stuff but extra things with lovely salads, pizza, fish and meats. all very nice.
Just a few minutes from the beach and shops/restaurants.
Swimming pool in sister hotel just over the road. Lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds, nice shaded areas too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple